Zamora leaving........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
BZ and Jol were pretty admamant on the telly the other night that there had been no falling out, no interest from other teams, no transfer request and neither of them had any interest in parting. BZ pointed out he still has plenty left on his contract, Jol said he couldn't understand where all the rumours had come from. When BZ scored the winner, the Fulham fans were singing his name at full volume.

So in other words, conclusive proof that he'll be signing for US again. :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Coming from someone called cheeky monkey that's rich!

At least cheeky monkey isn't some tosser who got a TV career as a faux adventurer off the back of being carried up Mount Everest as a kid with a silver spoon in his mouth. Why the hell would you want to take his name as your own username unless you were Bore Grylls? Are you Bore Grylls? If so I apologise.

Bear Grylls

Brighton till I die!
At least cheeky monkey isn't some tosser who got a TV career as a faux adventurer off the back of being carried up Mount Everest as a kid with a silver spoon in his mouth. Why the hell would you want to take his name as your own username unless you were Bore Grylls? Are you Bore Grylls? If so I apologise.

Sorry never heard of a BORE grylls before

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Duplicate account?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
BZ and Jol were pretty admamant on the telly the other night that there had been no falling out, no interest from other teams, no transfer request and neither of them had any interest in parting. BZ pointed out he still has plenty left on his contract, Jol said he couldn't understand where all the rumours had come from. When BZ scored the winner, the Fulham fans were singing his name at full volume.

Actually I thought they were both pointedly ambiguous. BZ just said "I think so, I have a long contract" and Jol said "I love all my players, especially when they score". Neither of which says anything, really. He's certainly not coming to us, but it leaves it open to go elsewhere and if Sunderland bid a good wedge, who knows.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
From the BBC:

"Fulham's Bobby Zamora says speculation of a rift between him and manager Martin Jol is just "the press writing what they want to write" and he is just happy to be playing football after a period of illness and injury." In the interview he said there's no problem, he's been injured, and now he wants to be playing, "the press put 2 and 2 together and come up with something to fill pages with".

"Jol insists rumours he and match-winner Bobby Zamora had fallen out were "just speculation", saying "sometimes you have to provoke players a bit, and sometimes they provoke you". He says he loves all his players, especially when they score goals.

I guess there might be a bit of ambiguity, but when they were both interviewd on Sky, it came across less so. They both mentioned the press, maybe they are playing silly buggers with the papers, we'll have to wait and see.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
From the BBC:

"Fulham's Bobby Zamora says speculation of a rift between him and manager Martin Jol is just "the press writing what they want to write" and he is just happy to be playing football after a period of illness and injury." In the interview he said there's no problem, he's been injured, and now he wants to be playing, "the press put 2 and 2 together and come up with something to fill pages with".

"Jol insists rumours he and match-winner Bobby Zamora had fallen out were "just speculation", saying "sometimes you have to provoke players a bit, and sometimes they provoke you". He says he loves all his players, especially when they score goals.

I guess there might be a bit of ambiguity, but when they were both interviewd on Sky, it came across less so. They both mentioned the press, maybe they are playing silly buggers with the papers, we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah - I just felt they didn't really "say" anything. I think QPR were possibly favourites to sign him a couple of weeks ago, but their league position would suggest it may not be a good move, unless they're about to spend a bit. Anyone who thinks he's coming back to us needs thier head testing though.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
He could still do a job here you kn-

***BANG***

[sound of Manx Shearwater slumping headfirst onto desk]

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Yeah - I just felt they didn't really "say" anything. I think QPR were possibly favourites to sign him a couple of weeks ago, but their league position would suggest it may not be a good move, unless they're about to spend a bit. Anyone who thinks he's coming back to us needs thier head testing though.

He's not going to QPR now. They've just signed Macheda and Zamora would be surplus to requirements...He's not going to Villa either.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fact is - neither Jol nor Zamora (nor anyone else in this kind of situation) can say anything to make people think 'well, that's the end of the matter...'

Once a rumour starts - irrespective of whether there's any truth in it at all - it's something that just sticks. All that can ever be done is people get their heads down and carry on as they were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports