Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora - I don't enjoy playing football...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The last time I saw QPR highlights, QPR did not look too bad at all and Bobby Z was a player who looked below their standard on the day. I would tip them to beat Reading w/o Bobby Z. He won't enjoy being on the subs bench!

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I sympathise. I have very very little interest in football outside of Brighton and England. I'm a Sky Sports subscriber and I think I've watched about half-a-dozen non-Brighton/England games in about five years. It's not close to being my favourite sport.

It is the usual nonsense when people clearly get tired of spending such ridiculous wages

What a load of bollocks. Why does it have to be about money? Money might be what you obsess about but that doesn't mean everyone else does.

Football is his job, he has to go to work every day and train and play football. Why is it then a shock that he doesn't want to watch football when he isn't working? Do you go to work every day then go home and spend your free time watching or doing work related stuff, or do you spend time with your family doing things that you enjoy, like watching football?

Football might be the dream for us but it is very much a job for the players. Zamora isn't the only one either. Assou -Ekotto of Spurs is another example, he's even outright said he doesn't like football, it's something he's good enough at to be able to do it professionally and it's a job to him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes he must really hate earning £50K plus week, very disappointed with this type of attitude

a bit harsh and misses the point. do you think all accountants, solictors, doctors even bankers enjoy their well paid jobs? you could pay me 50k a week in my current job and it wouldnt make me enjoy it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I sympathise. I have very very little interest in football outside of Brighton and England. I'm a Sky Sports subscriber and I think I've watched about half-a-dozen non-Brighton/England games in about five years. It's not close to being my favourite sport.

I tried to watch Derby v Blackpool. But I got bored. Matt Philips seemed a good player though but he had an exceptionally good game against the Albion.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a load of bollocks. Why does it have to be about money? Money might be what you obsess about but that doesn't mean everyone else does.

Football is his job, he has to go to work every day and train and play football. Why is it then a shock that he doesn't want to watch football when he isn't working? Do you go to work every day then go home and spend your free time watching or doing work related stuff, or do you spend time with your family doing things that you enjoy, like watching football?

Football might be the dream for us but it is very much a job for the players. Zamora isn't the only one either. Assou -Ekotto of Spurs is another example, he's even outright said he doesn't like football, it's something he's good enough at to be able to do it professionally and it's a job to him.

Sorry but I cannot sympathise with players who earn astronomical sums of money way out of proportion to the real world moaning at all - perhaps they should take stock of just how lucky they are as opposed to whinge about things.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I feel much the same, although I seldom bother with England. Brighton and Formula One aside the only other sport that I enjoy is International rugby union. I loved the Olympics though which I was a bit Meh about before it started.

I seldom even bother with MOTD except on a Sunday morning if I have nothing else to do. A full Premier League game is an over hyped turnoff. Once it gets to the latter stages I quite enjoy the Champion's League.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Obvious card? I don't know how his mind works, but it appears that you are trivialising a possible cause

Not trivialising it just pointing out how immediately the conclusions come through - oh he must be depressed

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Get him down here on loan sharpish - get the smile back on his face!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
‘A lot of people find it strange [that I don’t like football]. I’m not sure what I want to do after I finish playing but if it means watching football then I don’t want to get involved.’

He's whole life is about playing football, you can understand why in hes free time he may want to get away from it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In an interview on 'Talksport' a couple of days ago, he said he didnt watch or listen to any football at all, and prefered to spend time with his family when not 'at work'.
Outrageous. Has he been executed yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here