Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora For England!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So Do I.

(Stops Capitalising Every First Letter and feels better for it...)

The number of times Capello has watched him suggests to me it's a toss-up between Heskey and Zamora for one of the berths. Rooney, Defoe and Crouch will go, I'm sure, plus one or maybe two more strikers. Heskey and Zamora offer a similar kind of tactical option, so it's a question of picking either Bobby who's in form but uncapped, versus Heskey who's not played much at all at Villa this season but who has an England history.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My mate's wife works for Fulham FC and apparently Bobby has already booked his holiday away for the summer! He's not trained at all and will need an injection to play the final. Not looking that hopeful !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The injury has probably put paid to any chance he had, quite gutted for him.

If he was fit, I think it'd be pretty difficult to justify taking Heskey ahead of Zamora given the respective seasons they've just had. And I speak as someone who has fully advocated Heskeys inclusion in the starting line-up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well, according to one paper he's in the provisional squad because the letter's already been leaked.

It's amazing he's in with a shout, and even allowing for his wonder-season it's still only stuff that's happened to payers ahead of him that's created this window, i.e. Walcott, Carlton Cole and Joe Cole (form), Beckham, Barry (fitness), Heskey (both).

It's also amazing that the likes of Ledley, Carragher and even Gary / Phil Neville are being considered, again - because of form and fitness.

Once again, England look to be heading into a tournament considerably the worse for wear fitness-wise. Rooney worries me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here