Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora: A question for you

Zamora: What would you have prefered

• £4m 18 months ago and blow Division 2

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • £1.5m now and two superb years

Votes: 27 81.8%

• Total voters

I'm with a lot of people in being a tad disappointed at the apparant knock-down price Spurs have signed our Bobby for. It's also getting to a lot of people that in Division 2 we turned down higher bids, namely £3.75m from Middlesbrough.

The question then is this: Would you rather have sold Bobby for £4m 18 months ago and risked (almost definitely lost) the Division 2 title, or are you happy at getting less money for him, but having him around to contribute to two exhilerating seasons?

Personally I'm going to bite the bullet over the transfer fee and just be grateful for what we've been treated to for the last couple of years. Without Bobby it definitely wouldn't have happened.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
£3m now and two fantastic years ! wheres that on your poll?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
after what we've been through in our recent history I'm with option 2 - Back to Back championships is something I shall never forget :clap:

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
load of codswollap.

go and sell your house for £20 and say

"well i enjoyed it that house, so it doesnt matter"

WE HAVE BEEN MUGGED.

:censored:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
i think £1.5 mil is a good deal in todays market.

Thanks for the memories zammo

god bless ya king bobby......

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Mullers said:
Sorry Safeway, but that is not all the choices. Dick Tight assured us we would not sell him cheap, and did not need to. Now this!:nono:

its not on the cheap in todays current market

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
has anyone voted on this poll?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
With 4M two years ago you could have bought similar quality to 1.5M today.

quick story - bought a few flats during housing boom and made some money, bought big house, market crashed, lost lots of money (which i had made on flats). Still in the black, bought bigger house that i couldn't have afforded had market still been booming.

BZ- bought cheap, could have sold at height of market and missed two years of fun. Sold in slump, still in profit, got reasonable money to spend in a deflated market, invest wisely and should still be better off.

IS IT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sorry, but I think this £1.5m tag is a load of bollocks. It's a big tax dodge, and the listed sum is nominal.

We are getting more than this. Remember, Tottenham's behaviour in the transfer market in recent season has been diabolical. They just need to prove to their fans that they are not taking a chance.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Trigger said:
Even when Spurs have just shelled out £6.25m on some foreign tart of a striker who is younger than Bobby...
:(

That would be the same foreign tart who scored 19 goals on his way to a Portuguese championship medal last season and has already scored in a full international for his country.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Safeway Seagull said:
Personally I'm going to bite the bullet over the transfer fee and just be grateful for what we've been treated to for the last couple of years. Without Bobby it definitely wouldn't have happened.

here here safeway, spot on.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
even though we havent had a great fee for zamora, think how many millions he's got the club, you can't go around town and not see a kid wearing a shirt with Zamora on the back. would we have got the two championships without him?? doubt it

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
£1.5m now and two superb years

Jameson

I think Zammo's a real top bloke. We met him after the P'boro game season before last - honest, true, dedicated thro' and thro'. Good luck mate - I hope you stuff them all in the prem. For a lad of such tender years he is top dollar. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here