Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zaha

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I never suggested otherwise, my point is that he loves Palace and is no fan of Brighton, he wouldn't want to come here. And if he did, he wouldn't bust a gut for us. He's skillful but has an attitude problem. He failed at Manure and then failed at Cardiff before going back to Palace. I wouldn't want him here.

I would love it if he came here just for the meltdown at Palace.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Goes to show how clueless Hodgson has become in his dotage. The latest "missed trick" was not playing Zaha up against Bruno. Not only might the cheating scums pace been a problem for, I believe, the oldest outfield player in the PL, it would also have negated Bruno getting forward so often and so effectively.

Let's all rejoice that the scum have employed another crap manager!

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Ok, this is controversial, but ..... I'd love to sign him when they go down.

He does let it get to him when he's being marked out of the game, he can resort to just trying to win free kicks and moaning at refs, but boy has the guy got some talent.

I'd rather cut my left bollock off than sign that cheating c*nt

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
His limited talent shines through due to the fact that he is playing in a poor team, where he is the star. Put him in a top 6 side with better players around him, and he won't stand out as much.

I felt that on Tuesday night, there had been clear pre match instructions not to get too close to Zaha inside the box to give him any opportunity to go down for a penalty, instead relying on crowding him out, or using the good old fashioned shoulder to shoulder challenge.

He also faded as the game went on, and when the ball was lost just stood still, no doubt in disbelief that someone had actually got the ball off him.

Regardless of being rivals I wouldn't want Zaha coming to the Amex, as I believe he would knock the team togetherness, plus he is over rated and over paid.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
But he is recorded as saying he hates us 11 out of 10 so hardly likely.

Yeah, I know. Didn't say that I think it will happen, just that he would be a good addition for us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What surprised me on Tuesday night, was that for most of the first half at least, Zaha was playing in a central striker's position, whilst Benteke was out wide. I can well remember Zaha terriorizing Bruno in that play off semi final a few seasons ago, so I'm amazed that he didn't start off on the left wing from the start.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Yeah, I know. Didn't say that I think it will happen, just that he would be a good addition for us.

Fair enough, but a stiff breeze and he would be in Crawley.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
pho6l9e.jpg

Zaha sees Dunk looming......

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Every time he got into our box I crapped my knickers thinking, here comes a penalty. One of the best things about their relegation would be them having to sell him.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
As if he'll sign for you lot !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think he's a weird mixture of utterly terrifying legwork and moments of EXTREME shitness.

Also, he never, ever, ever, ever, ever finishes a move without falling over. Ever. Not even always diving. His balance is horrendous.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
His trickery of foot is something I can’t recall any other current Premier League player having, with the possible exception of Bolasie.

He seems to have little control over said legs a lot of the time though. I'm not convinced more than 50% of it is genuine. His balance is awful, endlessly falling over, often with no players nearby.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I think he's a weird mixture of utterly terrifying legwork and moments of EXTREME shitness.

Also, he never, ever, ever, ever, ever finishes a move without falling over. Ever. Not even always diving. His balance is horrendous.

Its the pitches he plays on don't you know

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What surprised me on Tuesday night, was that for most of the first half at least, Zaha was playing in a central striker's position, whilst Benteke was out wide. I can well remember Zaha terriorizing Bruno in that play off semi final a few seasons ago, so I'm amazed that he didn't start off on the left wing from the start.

Every time he got into our box I crapped my knickers thinking, here comes a penalty. One of the best things about their relegation would be them having to sell him.

I have seen many Palace fans on twitter stating:

Dunk should have been sent off for 2 bookable challenges on Zaha
Izquierdo should have been booked (was it a 2nd) for that challenge in front of the West Stand
Zaha should have had 2 penalties for challenges by Duffy & Dunk

It would appear that in their eyes, every time he falls over it's definitely a foul by the other player AND it's a booking.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Don’t think Bruno played.

Wasn’t it Calderon and Wayne Bridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As if he'll sign for you lot !

I’m sure you’re right, it’s almost like a striker leading you to promotion out of league 1 and then signing for your rivals......... oh

Seriously though, think he’ll leave you in January then you’ll be down. Thought the rest didn’t have the heart or ability Tuesday, which surprised me because on paper......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Don't know if this has been answered yet apologies if so, Bruno missed both semi final legs due to injury, think Cauldi played there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here