Zaha

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Reading that, that is f***ing ridiculous.

Only thinks Ronaldo and Messi are better than him, twat.

Not what he meant at all. Check his Twitter feed:

"Just to clear things up.. When I say I don't see anyone better then me i just say that to boost my confidence when I get on the field. I know there's players out there better then me so please don't take my words the wrong way"

He's a really, really nice kid. Always happy to sign shirts and give autographs to the kids, and he talks with the same fantastic freedom with which he plays. He isn't arrogant, he is just confident in his ability. He's absolutely right in everything he says.

It must be hard to keep a level head when you've just had the 24 hours he has had. Holloway is calling him "the most naturally talented player he has ever seen" and TalkSHITE have been brown nosing him all day. Everyone in the media is calling him the greatest player ever to grace the football league, and I'd imagine at some point it'll get to him. If it wasn't all true, it might be worrying. He knows EXACTLY how good he is, and he is a very special player. Hopefully we get to see that against Sweden.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Favourite part- ‘It even happens before games now. Brighton’s manager Gus Poyet said Will Buckley is better than me, but I don’t see the point of coming out with nonsense like that.

Same piece but better writing-
Wilfried Zaha – prince from the Palace now mixing with England royalty | Sport | The Guardian

For exactly the same reason as Zaha himself believes he is the best player on the pitch when he walks onto it... to instill confidence, Zaha in himself, Poyet in Will... he didnt say it to **** off Palace fans, he said it to boost Will because when he is on his game, there are very few players in our division better than him, and he wants that performance week in week out...

PauloMenace

Banned
Nov 2, 2012
We all know what he's capable of BUT as a palace fan yourself, you've got to admit his attitude is shocking, thinking only Messi and Ronaldo are better than him is ridiculous to say the least.

Of course it'd be great if he turned out to be world class, but he's getting way ahead of himself.

I wrote my post before seeing the interview. To be honest it is arrogant to talk about himself in the same breath as the two best players in the world but again if he was playing for Brighton wouldn't you be a little proud and hope his words turn out to be true in an England shirt? It's so up in the air at the moment regarding staying with us or if he goes somewhere else. The England situation is also dodgy ground but hopefully he chooses us because that would make him leaving Palace a bit more palatable.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I wrote my post before seeing the interview. To be honest it is arrogant to talk about himself in the same breath as the two best players in the world but again if he was playing for Brighton wouldn't you be a little proud and hope his words turn out to be true in an England shirt? It's so up in the air at the moment regarding staying with us or if he goes somewhere else. The England situation is also dodgy ground but hopefully he chooses us because that would make him leaving Palace a bit more palatable.

Oh no, I definitely agree with you.

But I do think he needs to cut out the diving, you must admit he does go down very very easily. We all admitted Murray did so when with us.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Not what he meant at all. Check his Twitter feed:

"Just to clear things up.. When I say I don't see anyone better then me i just say that to boost my confidence when I get on the field. I know there's players out there better then me so please don't take my words the wrong way"

He's a really, really nice kid. Always happy to sign shirts and give autographs to the kids, and he talks with the same fantastic freedom with which he plays. He isn't arrogant, he is just confident in his ability. He's absolutely right in everything he says.

It must be hard to keep a level head when you've just had the 24 hours he has had. Holloway is calling him "the most naturally talented player he has ever seen" and TalkSHITE have been brown nosing him all day. Everyone in the media is calling him the greatest player ever to grace the football league, and I'd imagine at some point it'll get to him. If it wasn't all true, it might be worrying. He knows EXACTLY how good he is, and he is a very special player. Hopefully we get to see that against Sweden.

yep. the lad is different gravy... potentially far better than SWP could have been if he had trained on. Palace should enjoy him while they can and take pride in his achievements when he moves on

PauloMenace

Banned
Nov 2, 2012
Oh no, I definitely agree with you.

But I do think he needs to cut out the diving, you must admit he does go down very very easily. We all admitted Murray did so when with us.

Maybe he goes down a bit too easily sometimes but when a player like him comes at a defender it's hard for the ref to know who's in the right, He's done it a few times this season but most attacking players can be charged with a little overreaction. If your on the wrong end of it it's bad but on the other hand winning a penalty against the run of play can make the difference. We would all welcome it let's be honest.
Murray for me is a bit cumbersome and lacks the pace to keep up with our wingers, he more than Wilf is guilty of going down easily mainly because he hasn't got the excuse of speed. He looks a bit cringe worthy when he does it but ref's seem to be buying it for some reason....i'm not complaining though :goal: Note to mods. do an away section. I've seen it mentioned a few times on here. It's good to have banter away from the big board...good forum though in fairness.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Maybe he goes down a bit too easily sometimes but when a player like him comes at a defender it's hard for the ref to know who's in the right, He's done it a few times this season but most attacking players can be charged with a little overreaction. If your on the wrong end of it it's bad but on the other hand winning a penalty against the run of play can make the difference. We would all welcome it let's be honest.
Murray for me is a bit cumbersome and lacks the pace to keep up with our wingers, he more than Wilf is guilty of going down easily mainly because he hasn't got the excuse of speed. He looks a bit cringe worthy when he does it but ref's seem to be buying it for some reason....i'm not complaining though :goal: Note to mods. do an away section. I've seen it mentioned a few times on here. It's good to have banter away from the big board...good forum though in fairness.

Good to talk to a sensible Palace fan! Didn't think they'd exist on this forum!

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Thought it was a really good interview. Confident in himself and of his ability to play in the Prem but also respecting his current club. I like him, hope he does play for England over Cote d'Ivoire. Any Palace fans: if he does go in the Summer (I think it unlikely he'll go in Jan), where do you think he'll end up? And where do you think he SHOULD go if anywhere?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Thought it was a really good interview. Confident in himself and of his ability to play in the Prem but also respecting his current club. I like him, hope he does play for England over Cote d'Ivoire. Any Palace fans: if he does go in the Summer (I think it unlikely he'll go in Jan), where do you think he'll end up? And where do you think he SHOULD go if anywhere?

I think your assessment is spot on. He's a confident lad but he has a right to be, and he hasn't been tricked by journalists into slating Palace or saying that he's in a rush to get to the Premiership. I too think he'll go in the Summer unless we get promotion. I think he'll end up at Arsenal, and I couldn't think of a better club for him to go to. Arsenal are short on quality wingers with Gervinho and Walcott not performing particularly well, and Zaha has the potential to be significantly better than both. Whether they will stump up the required cash remains to be seen, however.

Particularly now with his inclusion in the England squad, I think we can expect at least £15m for Wilfried. If we are still top in January, we'd need £20m before we'd sell. It'd be stupid to sell him when we've got such a good chance of automatic promotion with him in the side. Our chairmen are absolutely determined to get the best deal for the club, and with all the hype about him in the media in recent weeks, added to his fantastic performances on the pitch, it looks like we'll get the cash we're after.

PauloMenace

Banned
Nov 2, 2012
Good to talk to a sensible Palace fan! Didn't think they'd exist on this forum!

Not here to cause trouble, just putting my point across from another view point. There's a lot of anger towards us on here and I don't think it's warranted really, we are all in the same boat. Not massive clubs but want the best for our respected teams. I will however be mightily pissed off if they put a picture of those wanky game makers as my aviator. :shootself

PauloMenace

Banned
Nov 2, 2012
I think your assessment is spot on. He's a confident lad but he has a right to be, and he hasn't been tricked by journalists into slating Palace or saying that he's in a rush to get to the Premiership. I too think he'll go in the Summer unless we get promotion. I think he'll end up at Arsenal, and I couldn't think of a better club for him to go to. Arsenal are short on quality wingers with Gervinho and Walcott not performing particularly well, and Zaha has the potential to be significantly better than both. Whether they will stump up the required cash remains to be seen, however.

Particularly now with his inclusion in the England squad, I think we can expect at least £15m for Wilfried. If we are still top in January, we'd need £20m before we'd sell. It'd be stupid to sell him when we've got such a good chance of automatic promotion with him in the side. Our chairmen are absolutely determined to get the best deal for the club, and with all the hype about him in the media in recent weeks, added to his fantastic performances on the pitch, it looks like we'll get the cash we're after.

I personally don't want him to go to Arsenal because they've been so arrogant in the way they are talking about him, no respect whatsoever.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

Mmmm, I'd like to see him at Arsenal. Him and Oxlade-Chamberlain are two players I really like as well as Arsenal (along with Everton) being a team in the Prem I actually want to do well. I can see Zaha going for £20 million odd to Arsenal given they spent about that on AOC. With all this good stuff happening at Palace it just strikes me as extremely odd that Freedman left. :shrug:

Holloway is quite a good replacement (though I can't really stand him) :lolol:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
To me, he oversteps the confidence mark and always seems to come across as arrogant. If you look at his twitter, he seems to think people only dislike him because he's successful, puts photos of himself in flash cars and he loves retweeting the ridiculous praise he gets. With that kind of attitude, he'll fit right in with the overpaid premiership England players but he's the epitome of the modern day footballer and not the kind of person I really want to support playing for the national side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports