Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't it up to Zaha whether or not he wants to earn £40k a week even if its at Bolton ? I think he is about to abandon "SS Crystal Palace"* before the transfer deadline and their sinking to the depths of the Championship.

*SS isn't an abbreviation for a ship , it denotes So Shit. :lol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So good, he will only ever grace the pitches of Anfield, or Old Trafford...orr, erm...Selhurst.

We've done this before. Had he not been a youth product of our academy, he'd never have played at Selhurst. He's far too good for any Championship team, including us, so we just get to keep him for as long as we can until United make a bid that reaches our valuation.

I understand that you're desperate for him to leave, but when he does it'll be Williams' turn and then our next academy product coming through after that. Fortunately for us, that won't be until next year.

If bigger clubs weren't interested, we might considering selling (although never for £5m) but there are much bigger teams than Bolton involved. Why on earth would we sell him now when his value is constantly increasing and we've got no money problems.

Our chairmen have said the bidding starts at £10m, or else he won't leave.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Isn't it up to Zaha whether or not he wants to earn £40k a week even if its at Bolton ? I think he is about to abandon "SS Crystal Palace"* before the transfer deadline and their sinking to the depths of the Championship.

*SS isn't an abbreviation for a ship , it denotes So Shit. :lol:

Well then you're a bit thick. Even if he wanted to leave, why would he join Bolton over United or Liverpool?

If he wanted to leave, he wouldn't have just signed a five year contract.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Maybe like your namesake, for more money? also protects palace from losing him for peanuts, simples, do you really think that players have loyalty to their clubs, it s just a job to them and they want to earn more money and play at a higher level. There are only a few like Gary Hart, Kerry mayo and in your case Freedman who show loyalty !. I think he should stay for a couple of years as he is ready for the premiership yet, a bit raw, but with loads of pontential.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We've done this before. Had he not been a youth product of our academy, he'd never have played at Selhurst. He's far too good for any Championship team, including us, so we just get to keep him for as long as we can until United make a bid that reaches our valuation.

I understand that you're desperate for him to leave, but when he does it'll be Williams' turn and then our next academy product coming through after that. Fortunately for us, that won't be until next year.

If bigger clubs weren't interested, we might considering selling (although never for £5m) but there are much bigger teams than Bolton involved. Why on earth would we sell him now when his value is constantly increasing and we've got no money problems.

Funnily enough, you seem to have conveniently forgotten about 2 individuals that will have a profound effect on this situation i.e. Zaha himself & his agent.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Funnily enough, you seem to have conveniently forgotten about 2 individuals that will have a profound effect on this situation i.e. Zaha himself & his agent.

Which would you prefer: Bolton or United/Liverpool?

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6

If you don't need to sell, that means all that money gained is available to reinvest in transfers, right? Are you saying your team couldn't be better strengthened all round with £5m+? Or, to put it another way, if you had a transfer kitty of £5m but you DIDN'T have Zaha, you'd buy him for £5m because that's 'a steal'? I'd be surprised.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
If you don't need to sell, that means all that money gained is available to reinvest in transfers, right? Are you saying your team couldn't be better strengthened all round with £5m+? Or, to put it another way, if you had a transfer kitty of £5m but you DIDN'T have Zaha, you'd buy him for £5m because that's 'a steal'? I'd be surprised.

Yes, all money will be reinvested. It is also certain that he will eventually be sold.

However, we would prefer to reinvest the £10m+ we can get for him rather than £5m tomorrow. He's worth far more than £5m, and even if he weren't we certainly wouldn't accept a first offer. You never get a true reflection of worth in a first offer. I'd be surprised if they didn't offer £7.5m next - although they still won't get him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's just a poor man's Will Buckley :shrug:

NO END PRODUCT.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
He's just a poor man's Will Buckley :shrug:

NO END PRODUCT.

Which is why Watford sold him for £1m, and Zaha will go for 10x that?

Zaha's end product is sometimes great and sometimes shit, because he is so young. However, this can be coached and it has already greatly improved (5 goals and 6 assists so far) while his main strength is winning fouls and beating players. His tricks and flicks just look so natural, and he beats a man as easily as Ronaldo or Nani. He very rarely loses the ball, and he is very, very quick. The only aspect of his game that lets him down is his end product, which will only improve.

There's a reason a kid who can't shoot or cross half the time is valued at £10m - because everything else he does is so bloody good.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Which is why Watford sold him for £1m, and Zaha will go for 10x that?

Zaha's end product is sometimes great and sometimes shit, because he is so young. However, this can be coached and it has already greatly improved (5 goals and 6 assists so far) while his main strength is winning fouls and beating players. His tricks and flicks just look so natural, and he beats a man as easily as Ronaldo or Nani. He very rarely loses the ball, and he is very, very quick. The only aspect of his game that lets him down is his end product, which will only improve.

There's a reason a kid who can't shoot or cross half the time is valued at £10m - because everything else he does is so bloody good.

Could turn out like Victor Moses-highly valued but went for a reasonable realistic fee in the end......£10m? i Guess Palace have 5 year'd the deal with the motivation of selling within 2 years,i'd say he would not fetch more than £5m at the moment,have you turned down bids? Zaha is too(perhaps understandably) lightweight imo to be worth a Premiership team taking a real risk at this stage.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well then you're a bit thick. Even if he wanted to leave, why would he join Bolton over United or Liverpool?

If he wanted to leave, he wouldn't have just signed a five year contract.

Elliott Bennett signed an extended contract with us saying he was committed to staying with the club before Norwich City poached him. If he signs for Bolton he will be putting himself in the Premier League window until a big club poaches him from Bolton.

CPFC4Life7.

May 19, 2011
Could turn out like Victor Moses-highly valued but went for a reasonable realistic fee in the end......£10m? i Guess Palace have 5 year'd the deal with the motivation of selling within 2 years,i'd say he would not fetch more than £5m at the moment,have you turned down bids? Zaha is too(perhaps understandably) lightweight imo to be worth a Premiership team taking a real risk at this stage.

Moses didn't go for a realistic fee. He left on the cheap because we were in adminstration.

I don't think any Palace supporter thinks we will keep Zaha for years to come. He will most certainly go to a top side when the price AND time is right. Right now, neither are. We don't need to sell unless someone comes in over the odds and pays something like 10M. And to be honest, nobody will at this stage (quite rightly, so).

He's class. End product will only get better..he's 19 FFS. Does Noone have 5 goals and 6 assists this season? That was a serious question by the way.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Moses didn't go for a realistic fee. He left on the cheap because we were in adminstration.

I don't think any Palace supporter thinks we will keep Zaha for years to come. He will most certainly go to a top side when the price AND time is right. Right now, neither are. We don't need to sell unless someone comes in over the odds and pays something like 10M. And to be honest, nobody will at this stage (quite rightly, so).

He's class. End product will only get better..he's 19 FFS. Does Noone have 5 goals and 6 assists this season? That was a serious question by the way.

Ok i accept to a small degree that Victors fee may have been slightly de valued by administrators however to suggest that Zaha is worth £10m perhaps has more to to with the fact that as i would like to see if we had the player,we would want the best possible fee...have you turned down bids for Zaha? as for the quote on Noone i can only say that imo i would class Craig's current value at somewhere in the region of £800-£1.2m...again the end product comes into play,if Noone could finish consistently he would be worth over £2.5m with the very real prospect of playing for a Premiership side.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Ok i accept to a small degree that Victors fee may have been slightly de valued by administrators however to suggest that Zaha is worth £10m perhaps has more to to with the fact that as i would like to see if we had the player,we would want the best possible fee...have you turned down bids for Zaha? as for the quote on Noone i can only say that imo i would class Craig's current value at somewhere in the region of £800-£1.2m...again the end product comes into play,if Noone could finish consistently he would be worth over £2.5m with the very real prospect of playing for a Premiership side.

At the moment, Zaha is better than Noone. Next year, he'll be a lot better. In five years, he'll be completely out of sight and one of the top talents in the Premier League,

Moses' value was slaughtered by administration. We were looking at £5m+ before we went tits up, and nobody would pay that when we were desperate for money. He didn't want to leave, but he had to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here