[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's a valid point I made.

And you believe that a 3/4 full squad topped up with injured, want-aways and mercenaries......Is more desirable than the current Brighton Squad.
That's your argument?

Ok

I refer you to my previous comments....

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
And you believe that a 3/4 full squad topped up with injured, want-aways and mercenaries......Is more desirable than the current Brighton Squad.
That's your argument?

Ok

I refer you to my previous comments....

Your squad is bigger, doesn't mean it has more quality. In 2-3 weeks time I would reckon we will have just as big a squad as you. More signings are coming and Vieira will be backed in the market, Parish has confirmed this.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Your squad is bigger, doesn't mean it has more quality. In 2-3 weeks time I would reckon we will have just as big a squad as you. More signings are coming and Vieira will be backed in the market, Parish has confirmed this.

Until you lose the first few matches and he is sacked like the Dutch guy and you bring back pardew.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

You are in trouble if you do.

We still need to reduce our squad by 10 or so players.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

No it doesn't mean that. But we do.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
No it doesn't mean that. But we do.

Again, if you have so much more quality than us then why did we finish above you last season? Most players that have left like Sakho, Mccarthy, Townsend and Dann weren't first team regulars so the core of the team that finished above you is still there. Guehi, Olise, Eze, Zaha and Benteke all get into your starting X1, just like Bissoma, Lampety,, Webster, Dunk get into ours. Every one else in the squad's are pretty even, including the keepers.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Again, if you have so much more quality than us then why did we finish above you last season? Most players that have left like Sakho, Mccarthy, Townsend and Dann weren't first team regulars so the core if the team that finished above you is still there. Guehi, Olise, Eze, Zaha and Benteke all get into your starting X1, just like Bissoma, Lampety,, Webster, Dunk get into ours. Every one else in the squad's are pretty even, including the keepers.
Your team was effective last year but that is it. Crystal palace 2021, beautiful football oxymoron. Well done.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Again, if yki have so much more quality than us then why did we finish above you last season? Most players that have left like Sakho, Mccarthy, Townsend and Dann weren't first team regulars so the core if the team that finished above you is still there. Guehi, Olise, Eze, Zaha and Benteke all get into your starting X1, just like Bissoma, Lampety,, Webster, Dunk get into ours. Every one else in the squad's are pretty even, including the keepers.

You finished above us by taking quality completely out of the equation.
Your tactics last season were tedious in the extreme.
Surely you know that??

Sorry but you think Guehi Olisie and Eze get into our first team?

Over who, exactly?
Webster and Dunk you've admitted are better than Guehi. so must be Veltman??? Nope!
Olisie better than Lallana/McAllister/Groß. Nope!
Eze better than Trossard? I don't think so. I haven't seen enough of him to be fair.

The keepers are the same?
Which one of the two Spanish Keepers went to the Euros?

Come on kid, give it up now.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
You finished above us by taking quality completely out of the equation.
Your tactics last season were tedious in the extreme.
Surely you know that??

Sorry but you think Guehi Olisie and Eze get into our first team?

Over who, exactly?
Webster and Dunk you've admitted are better than Guehi. so must be Veltman??? Nope!
Olisie better than Lallana/McAllister/Groß. Nope!
Eze better than Trossard? I don't think so. I haven't seen enough of him to be fair.

The keepers are the same?
Which one of the two Spanish Keepers went to the Euros?

Come on kid, give it up now.

Everyone thinks they have the best looking wife at home ...I stopped reading when you suggested the 3 players that are better than Olise. Think you're in for a shock when you see the quality of the signings we have made so far, they are both outstanding players.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Again, if you have so much more quality than us then why did we finish above you last season? Most players that have left like Sakho, Mccarthy, Townsend and Dann weren't first team regulars so the core of the team that finished above you is still there. Guehi, Olise, Eze, Zaha and Benteke all get into your starting X1, just like Bissoma, Lampety,, Webster, Dunk get into ours. Every one else in the squad's are pretty even, including the keepers.

I think I'd take Eze (although he's got a serious injury, so no knowing how he will recover). Guehi and Olise haven't played a Premier League game between them, so absolutely impossible to tell if they would get into our starting XI. I wouldn't have Benteke anywhere near our team. And as for Zaha, very talented, but he'd have to learn to stay on his feet for more than 2 minutes. Finally, regarding keepers, I think Guiata is decent, but Sanchez was obviously chosen in the Spanish squad ahead of him, so it's likely he's better.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Everyone thinks they have the best looking wife at home ...I stopped reading when you suggested the 3 players that are better than Olise. Think you're in for a shock when you see the quality of the signings we have made so far, they are both outstanding players.

You're hilarious.

Enjoy the season.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Crystal Palace: Patrick Vieira will do things his way as new Eagles head coach

"Although Zaha flitted in and out of the game and got frustrated at times, either with the referee, the opposition or his team-mates, he seemed to be playing on a different level.

Yet again this summer, speculation around Zaha will be intense. Yet again, the same question will be asked: will anyone be willing to meet the transfer fee Palace would want for a 28-year-old who still has two years left on a lucrative, watertight contract?

As previous transfer windows have shown, just because Zaha would like to test himself at a higher level again - after his short stay at Manchester United - does not automatically mean it will happen."

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Crystal Palace: Patrick Vieira will do things his way as new Eagles head coach

"Although Zaha flitted in and out of the game and got frustrated at times, either with the referee, the opposition or his team-mates, he seemed to be playing on a different level.

Yet again this summer, speculation around Zaha will be intense. Yet again, the same question will be asked: will anyone be willing to meet the transfer fee Palace would want for a 28-year-old who still has two years left on a lucrative, watertight contract?

As previous transfer windows have shown, just because Zaha would like to test himself at a higher level again - after his short stay at Manchester United - does not automatically mean it will happen."

Yep. About 5 feet below every other player...

pCk3ha8DdjS.jpg

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I don't think many Palace fans wish to have a squad like yours, remember last year we finished 14th and you were 16th. Or are you saying we are a 1 man team? If so, you are couldn't be more wrong. Ebereci Eze is just as important to us, Beneteke had a decent season and players like Guiata, Tomkins, Reideweld, Schlupp are all very important payers. Add to that Olise and Guehi who is signing later on this week and we have some fantastic players in our ranks and I'd reckon another 4 or 5 will be joining before the deadline. I'd judge us then. I also think however that Brighton also have some fantastic players like Sanchez, White, Webster, Dunk, Lampety, Bissoma and March but to say Palace fans wish they had a squad like yours is just plain wrong.

How's the important Eze's injury coming on? Or your new signing Olise?

How many times have you lost compared to won, when you've had Zaha in the team? That is the definition of a one man team.

You lot think that because you have this new Academy, that you will have them players in the First team this year or next. It's laughable the delusion of you lot.

It's taken us 7 years to produce a £50m player (higher fee than you have received, if memory serves me correct) with others waiting to break into the first team. We are now starting to see the fruits of our labor from the investment in the academy.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
If we could put the ball in the back of the net last season, we would have be much higher than you. Check all the stats, we were clearly a better team and had more quality than you, but we couldn't put it in the net.

You were 3pts better of with a lot worse goal difference.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If we could put the ball in the back of the net last season, we would have be much higher than you. Check all the stats, we were clearly a better team and had more quality than you, but we couldn't put it in the net.

You were 3pts better of with a lot worse goal difference.

Not putting the ball in the net makes everything else irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports