[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TB B&W Army

Sep 30, 2021
Horsham
There were times a couple of years or so ago when this site was fairly evenly split on if we would want the SEGW in our squad. The jury was out even allowing for his palace connections. I suspect a new poll would show that there would be very little interest in him now, especially with the squad that TB and GPott are building. Mind The Gap Palace

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There were times a couple of years or so ago when this site was fairly evenly split on if we would want the SEGW in our squad. The jury was out even allowing for his palace connections. I suspect a new poll would show that there would be very little interest in him now, especially with the squad that TB and GPott are building. Mind The Gap Palace

If you define 'very little interest' as - there's no way in a million years I'd want that diving, cheating, moaning, over inflated egotistical swivel-eyed drama queen in the Stripes. Then yes, I have very little interest.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Don't invite the trolls back FFS.
The problem is that their squad has also evolved meaning that the SEGW is no longer their star player.
Still too early IMO for 'Mind the gap'

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Times reporting today that Zaha "is unlikely to sign a new contract" and may be sold in the summer, otherwise will run his contract down and leave in summer of 2023.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Times reporting today that Zaha "is unlikely to sign a new contract" and may be sold in the summer, otherwise will run his contract down and leave in summer of 2023.
Weird. Would've thought that ship has sailed for him now, I doubt any teams challenging for Europe would be that interested. Better off just staying with Palace until he either retires or drops a level.

Same for Dunk with us really - probably could have signed for a higher placed team a couple of years ago, but at his age it's unlikely any other clubs would take him in and give him better opportunities than he has at Brighton

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Times reporting today (and last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that etc etc) that Zaha "is unlikely to sign a new contract" and may be sold in the summer

Corrected

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I would guess this has been the case for some time.
I'm not sure Parish would be keen to sell him still.
Buying a replacement for his 12 goals this season, will cost significantly more than the funds he will see after giving United their cut.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Parish open to bids over £250m, apparently. So definitely lowering his expectations this time.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
In other words his agent is looking to pressure CPFC into giving him another eye watering contract extension

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's on about £130k a week there isn't he ? I can't see anyone being stupid enough to pick up that kind of tab for a flaky sulk who's best years are well behind him. All evidence points towards CPFC2010 and the SEGW being stuck with each other till his contract runs out. Then he ends up somewhere else on half the money.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If they weren’t in the shit I’d say exactly the kind of signing Everton would make

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
If they weren’t in the shit I’d say exactly the kind of signing Everton would make

TBF if Everton do get relegated that may be a good option for them and a risk they might be willing to take.

With the lack of VAR and lower quality opposition there is the potential that he could help them bounce back.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
9th consecutive window he's hoped to go I believe.

I hope he makes it this time. Poor bloke.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
He's on about £130k a week there isn't he ? I can't see anyone being stupid enough to pick up that kind of tab for a flaky sulk who's best years are well behind him. All evidence points towards CPFC2010 and the SEGW being stuck with each other till his contract runs out. Then he ends up somewhere else on half the money.

13 goals so far this season, his best ever return.
Far from him being finished, he’s enjoying playing under Super Pat .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Other than a blatant bit of work by his agent to get more money on any offer where would he go? Not good enough for a top 4 (6) side and who else would pay him the same as Palace have been doing? His time to move was a few years back and can seem him being at palace for a few more seasons until he starts to drop down the leagues

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports