[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
£200k a week, clearly loves the club that's just over 10 million a year, imagine what they could buy for that a new stand ?
One of these lovelies in one of the many toilet franchises on every concourse. :love:

1684314598366.png

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Keeping him makes sense, but at £200k pw makes no sense at all. That is the wages of 2/3 top young players. I don’t believe there is any other club who would offer those terms, either contract length or wage, even on a free. Hence why he’ll re-sign.
Arsenal supposedly interested but I’d imagine at best a 2-3 year deal on 50% of those wages. He’s not a big enough name to be on the radar of a gulf or US club, in fact I’d be surprised if he’s that well known outside the UK.
He’ll choose the cash and Palace celeb status over the possibility of trophies or Euro football as a squad player at someone like Arsenal.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Keeping him makes sense, but at £200k pw makes no sense at all. That is the wages of 2/3 top young players. I don’t believe there is any other club who would offer those terms, either contract length or wage, even on a free. Hence why he’ll re-sign.
Arsenal supposedly interested but I’d imagine at best a 2-3 year deal on 50% of those wages. He’s not a big enough name to be on the radar of a gulf or US club, in fact I’d be surprised if he’s that well known outside the UK.
He’ll choose the cash and Palace celeb status over the possibility of trophies or Euro football as a squad player at someone like Arsenal.
Agree 100%.

The Palace 76ers will then have some poor results, Zaha will start sulking again and will wish he had moved on when he had the chance, and the cycle will continue.

The same with Harry Kane if he doesn't take the plunge and cut his ties with Spurs.
The clock is ticking for both of them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
His agents play a blinder every time.

A FEE agent? That sounds about right :lolol:

Can you imagine TB sanctioning a four-year deal for a 30-year-old on £200k a week? It's absolutely bonkers.

But, good luck to Mr Tumble – he'd be mental to turn that down. Absolutely zero percentage to do any more than the bare minimum, either.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My calculator makes that a total amount of almost £42 million in wages, for a player who will be almost 35 when a 4 year contract would end.
If I was a Palace fan, I would certainly want some performance related criteria written into the contract, including some kind of relegation clause.

I think the Palace directors are letting their hearts rule their heads.
With my best possible blue and white tinted spectacles on, it would cost £40 million to replace Zaha if he left on a free.

By that, I mean that an attacking midfielder who (let me just check) has scored 7 goals this season and averages 8 a season in the EPL, and has a total of 29 assist during his long EPL career, would probably . . . . .

Hang on. That's quite a pitiful record. Half of those goals and assists have come against Brighton. Is that the reason they want to keep him at silly cost?

I'm genuinely baffled now. Palace need someone in that position who will likely cost more than $40 million, but that man isn't Zaha. He simply isn't worth it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Absolutely hilarious, just incredible

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
After European football. Could do a job? :moo:

That's utter bullshit (strong interest) isn't it? Gossip spreads and no clubs are being fingered from what I can see. Fair play to his agent for trying to stir up any level of interest mind.

Speaking to a decent Palace fan the other day and he wants Dibley gone. Firstly it is probably best for both and secondly for not tying up wages that could be spent better on new players.

Beaky seems a bit besotted with Dibley. He needs to learn not to let his love interests interfere with business.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
"Here we go" to Galatasaray.

Apparently.
That's such a strange one. They should have cashed in on him when he still gad legs / could give a shìt.

Surely they won't get much from Galatasaray and he won't get mad Saudi wages.

They've effectively Kerplunked themselves in a doomed romance

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
That's such a strange one. They should have cashed in on him when he still gad legs / could give a shìt.

They will get nothing from Galatasaray, he is a free agent.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Don’t think they will get anything as he is out of contract. Shame.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
They will get nothing from Galatasaray, he is a free agent.
Ah right. They've really missed the boat there then. They should have got 60 million off arsenal when they had the chance and reinvested. Rather than plugging away with him supported by Macartur and Ward etc.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
So that's the second relegation place taken then. Good.

Only one more to go, and the season hasn't even started yet.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Ah right. They've really missed the boat there then. They should have got 60 million off arsenal when they had the chance and reinvested. Rather than plugging away with him supported by Macartur and Ward etc.
oh what ambition they have shown during their time in Premier League :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports