Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Genuine question - and serious answers only please. But does Parish actually have any / much money - or is he just not investing in the club? Or is he the 'local face' business man with a bit of money but ultimately was or should be backed by their American owners?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Genuine question - and serious answers only please. But does Parish actually have any / much money - or is he just not investing in the club? Or is he the 'local face' business man with a bit of money but ultimately was or should be backed by their American owners?

He was part of a consortium of 4 Wealthy Palace fans who bought the club.
His wealth comes from a successful Marketing company TAG, which He sold to Williams Lea, who themselves weren't a massive company.
He isn't super rich in his own right and was recently taking a salary out of the club rather than putting anything in.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I can see Beaky ending up with egg on his face. It wouldn't surprise me if no bids come in for Dibley higher than those the genius rejected last summer. Any new investors will be wanting him and his piss weak credibility well out of it.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

He was part of a consortium of 4 Wealthy Palace fans who bought the club.
His wealth comes from a successful Marketing company TAG, which He sold to Williams Lea, who themselves weren't a massive company.
He isn't super rich in his own right and was recently taking a salary out of the club rather than putting anything in.

Nothing much going on this evening so dug around a little ... apologies if I've missed the mark but I think this is a reasonable summary.

Prince Charming personal wealth
Steve Parish began his career working in computer graphics. He went on to buy a stake in a company called Adplates Ltd, assuming control of the business renamed it Tag Worldwide, transforming it from a London-based business to a global production powerhouse (Wikipedia). Steve Parish and Richard Jameson, former CEO and commercial director respectively of TAG Worldwide which they built up and sold to ...Deutsche Post DHL, for an undisclosed sum but one thought to be around its turnover, £100m in 2011 … Parish made an estimated £80m from the sale (moreaboutadvertising.com)

Estimate of PL owners' wealth from The Express three months ago doesn’t list Prince Charming as the owner presumably because he ceded control to the yanks in return for their investment. https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1196037/Premier-League-owners-wealth-Man-Utd-Chelsea-Liverpool-Arsenal. He would be a minnow on that list but, as @springal mentions, he would be at the upper end of any list of chairmen who take money out of their club.

The big problem is that the yanks now appear to want to see a return on their investment or they want out. Either way, this means there is no immediate prospect of any money going into the club on the playing or infrastructure side. Parish certainly can’t fund a anything like the £100m he reckons it will cost.

Sunday Times Rich List: this year you need to have a net worth of £110m to be on the list. Given his media profile, it seems unlikely that he has avoided the researchers so it would be reasonable to assume he is languishing somewhere short of £100m readies.
So, he could fill both roles in a Premier League version of the Prince and The Pauper :D

Talking of infrastructure:
  • 9/01/2011 · LONDON - New Crystal Palace Stadium (40,000) So Palace looking to move back to the Palace. We are delighted to announce that Crystal Palace Football Club together with their advisers CB Richard Ellis and stadium designers AFL have been pursuing avenues that would allow them to move back to their original home at Crystal Palace park (skyscrapercity.com)
  • 28/05/2013 Steve Parish said plans for Selhurst Park would be "accelerated" following the 1-0 play-off win against Watford. But he added: "We're working on re-developing the ground a stand at a time." Mr Parish said in an "ideal world" increasing the stadium capacity from 26,000 to 40,000 would generate a good income for the club but Selhurst Park would need to be expanded in stages. Mr Parish said: "We'd look at any sensible suggestions. We haven't got the biggest amount of land there … it's very embryonic, but I was working on it as an army of one, but now we can look at it a bit more seriously (cpfc.co.uk)
  • 19/04/2018 The club have tonight been given the green light to build an iconic new Main Stand at Selhurst Park, after Croydon Council resolved to grant permission for the project which will redevelop the stadium for the modern era. The Council will shortly refer the application to the London Mayor, and once he has approved it, the planning permission will then be issued. The Club will then be able to begin planning for work on the New Stand to begin at the end of the 2018-19 season, with likely completion in 2021, ready to open for the 2021-22 season (cpfc.co.uk)
  • 21/11/2018 Steve Parish: we had hoped to start at the end of this season but I would imagine that has gone back now because we’ve got one or two issues still to sort with the land and the housing surrounding the stadium. We are hoping to start as soon as possible (skyscrapercity.com)
  • 22/01/2019 CPFC’S Development Manager, Guy Wickett: it is a complicated project, but we would really like to be onsite in the summer of 2020 to do the enabling works with an estimated two-and-a-half-year build time (developcroydon.com)

Must make opening before 2023/24 fairly unlikely I would have thought.13 years since he took over!! Anyone mentioned piss-weak credibility?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Should this happen, which seems unlikely, I assume the following will happen:

Sell Zaha for £76m (laugable but that's modern football).
Crash and burn this season as no replacement bought OR
Crash and burn next season as no replacement bought
Could easily see them spunking the money either on a lot of very poor players OR
Doing up their shithole of a stadium as promised and highlighted above.

If they use it for Selhurst, increase the capacity, it's quite possible that relegation will follow sooner rather than later and they could be in the Championship playing in front of less than 20,000 people in an increased capacity. That would be bloody joyous :) :) :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should this happen, which seems unlikely, I assume the following will happen:

Sell Zaha for £76m (laugable but that's modern football).
Crash and burn this season as no replacement bought OR
Crash and burn next season as no replacement bought
Could easily see them spunking the money either on a lot of very poor players OR
Doing up their shithole of a stadium as promised and highlighted above.

If they use it for Selhurst, increase the capacity, it's quite possible that relegation will follow sooner rather than later and they could be in the Championship playing in front of less than 20,000 people in an increased capacity. That would be bloody joyous :) :) :)

I don't imagine the Yankee Doodle Dandy's have any intention of leaving poorer than they arrived.

Esp after they, not only put aside £100m for the new stand, but they ring fenced it as well...

....oh.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Loads of times I have come back to this thread, but still have absolutely no idea what SEGW means

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
392 pages ! I repeat THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY TWO PAGES !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
392 pages ! I repeat THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY TWO PAGES !

196, if you have your board settings done properly.

And anyway, having most of the Zaha / Palace trash in one big thread merely serves as an alternative method to that pathetic, rancid, festering, fetid little pit of an away end on you have on your own board, which houses multiple gigantic threads all about BHA, going back YEARS.

Get it ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
196, if you have your board settings done properly.

And anyway, having most of the Zaha / Palace trash in one big thread merely serves as an alternative method to that pathetic, rancid, fetid little pit of an away end on you have on your own board, which houses multiple giant threads on BHA going back YEARS.

Get it ?

96 if you've set your board preferences correctly.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Swivelly Eyed Gravity Whore

Can't imagine why...

chester-pennsylvania-usa-13th-july-2016-crystal-palaces-wilfried-zaha-GD911M.jpg

crystal-palaces-wilfried-zaha-reacts-during-the-premier-league-match-h60h8t.jpg

zaha-grounded.jpg

pCk3ha8DdjS.jpg

...good old Seggers..

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It would certainly **** them up if he did leave, which is nice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here