Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
The disney spiv has realised what a he made of the tumble tranfer from manure. Overpriced by at least 25% to try a claw back the mess he created trying to get tumble on the cheap. Rightly told to do one trying to get the clause written off.
Tumble must be so desperate to leave that festering hole, poor love.
Imagine the meltdown at the stad de clad if he goes to Everton :clap:

Let me get this straight.

Palace sold Zaha for a shed load of money to Man United yet negotiated that he stayed with us for the rest of the season. Consequently, he was still playing for us in the play off final where he won the penalty that got us promoted. (Don’t think it necessary to highlight his contribution in the semi on here)

When it didn’t work out at Manchester we bought him back for less than we sold him but with a significant sell on clause.

Since then, according to many on here, he has singlehandedly kept us up for what is our seventh consecutive season in the Premier League; worth what? £100m a year.

He’s clearly going to go at some point and it’s going to be north of £45m as that has been rejected out of hand.

That’s some “complete and utter balls up“ in anyone’s book for a player that came through our academy and cost us nothing.

If only TB had been able to make the same “complete and utter balls up”. He could have saved himself millions.

I know we are rivals but FFS:D

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Let me get this straight.

Palace sold Zaha for a shed load of money to Man United yet negotiated that he stayed with us for the rest of the season. Consequently, he was still playing for us in the play off final where he won the penalty that got us promoted. (Don’t think it necessary to highlight his contribution in the semi on here)

When it didn’t work out at Manchester we bought him back for less than we sold him but with a significant sell on clause.

Since then, according to many on here, he has singlehandedly kept us up for what is our seventh consecutive season in the Premier League; worth what? £100m a year.

He’s clearly going to go at some point and it’s going to be north of £45m as that has been rejected out of hand.

That’s some “complete and utter balls up“ in anyone’s book for a player that came through our academy and cost us nothing.

If only TB had been able to make the same “complete and utter balls up”. He could have saved himself millions.

I know we are rivals but FFS:D

I know you're not the sharpest, but the point is that your club is now skint, despite the £100m a season that you've quoted. You've pissed it all up the wall and have nothing to show for it whatsoever.

So now you're in a situation where unless you sell a player or players for around £40m profit EVERY year, you lose money. And there's nobody presently interested in "investing" in the shit show. So you have to sell.

You've sold the only other player you have who was worth anything, that'll cover the losses for last season. Then what?

So yes, the Zaha sale is something that you need (short term or long), and really need now before his value plummets (age and VAR will take their toll pretty soon). That's the actual value btw (probably around £50m presently) not the made up one that nobody will ever pay.

Unfortunately for you, Parish ****ed up the deal with Man U. So they will get a massive cut of whatever you sell him for. We know this is fact because your glorious leader has already embarrassed himself by trying to wriggle out of it, like the slimy spiv he is, and failed.

You can try to spin it however you like, but it's a mess, and very funny. To everyone in football, apart from you and your fellow GOONS.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
All of them by the look of it .

He’s a professional he will just get on with it .

I know you're not the sharpest, but the point is that your club is now skint, despite the £100m a season that you've quoted. You've pissed it all up the wall and have nothing to show for it whatsoever.

So now you're in a situation where unless you sell a player or players for around £40m profit EVERY year, you lose money. And there's nobody presently interested in "investing" in the shit show. So you have to sell.

You've sold the only other player you have who was worth anything, that'll cover the losses for last season. Then what?

So yes, the Zaha sale is something that you need (short term or long), and really need now before his value plummets (age and VAR will take their toll pretty soon). That's the actual value btw (probably around £50m presently) not the made up one that nobody will ever pay.

Unfortunately for you, Parish ****ed up the deal with Man U. So they will get a massive cut of whatever you sell him for. We know this is fact because your glorious leader has already embarrassed himself by trying to wriggle out of it, like the slimy spiv he is, and failed.

You can try to spin it however you like, but it's a mess, and very funny. To everyone in football, apart from you and your fellow GOONS.

eloquently put :clap::clap::clap:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Eloquent maybe but it didn’t refute my point, did it?

Have a great night all, I’m off home, they’ve just called time.

it's the difference between how well it could have gone for you and how well it has gone.
that is where the hilarity stems from

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What I find most entertaining is that Palace will either sell their best (some would say only) player and get less than he is worth to them in return or get to keep a player that they and everyone else knows would far rather be somewhere else. Somebody at Selhurst loses either way.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Eloquent maybe but it didn’t refute my point, did it?

Have a great night all, I’m off home, they’ve just called time.
It did actually. Your point was that the deal Parish did with Man U was massively beneficial for Palace.

Of course it was, in the short term. Unfortunately for you, the stakes are now much higher, so the deal looks terrible.

Had your club invested sensibly in the stadium, training facilities and long term stability then you'd have to say yes, well done Steve. You played a blinder with the Zaha deal and it meant everything to the football club. You got promotion, you stayed up, brilliant. £100m a year, fantastic.

Sadly, that didn't happen. The money was pissed away on wages to the likes of Benteke, Sakho and Meyer. So now the club is in such a financial mess that even £100m+ a year from TV income isn't enough to prevent you losing £30m+ every season. You're borrowing against future TV income (£40m a year) and season ticket sales (£6m). You still owe money to other clubs for transfer fees. It's all there in black and white.

Perhaps you're ok with all that. I'd be quite concerned as the finances are clearly a swamp of debt, overspending and impending doom.

So, now that that is the case, the Zaha deal with Man U looks what it is. A complete disaster, as your one sellable asset is 25% owned by another club. Your dickhead chairman has realised too late that he's screwed up. His poker skills are worse than a five year old’s and nobody will ever pay his valuation of his last asset (who is also rinsing the club for millions).

These are the facts. Your spin attempts can't alter them. Oh and your "Tony saving a few million" comment. He's a billionaire, Price Charming is worth around one Wan Bissaka.

I'm pretty sure I know who I'd rather have as Chairman (and owner of course, as Parish doesn't actually own Palace since selling out to the Americans).

Come back when you've actually got a point.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
As you very clearly dislike people with speech impediments being mocked ( and I agree with your view ), perhaps you might like to know that the "theReichstuff" apparently AKA as "Dougie" on here started a thread on your own forum labelled " Have BWighton become a selling club " . An undoubted mocking of our chairman.

Would you like to take this opportunity of stating on here your equal disgust for your fellow comrade and name him in your reply ?

Does anyone know if that piece of vermin calling himself Mr. Putdown has replied to the post quoted above yet ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49137976 surely makes the Zaha deal dead and buried? Unless he goes there as winger no.2. Willing to pay 72 mill to someone I've hardly heard of as opposed to 40 for someone that gets rammed down my throat on a regular basis must be quite embarrassing for the former since he has put on a pink tutu and told the world of his love for the club. I wonder if the clowns will get a decent shift out of this 'professional' next season.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Bravo.

Game, set and the match. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here