Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha Speaks on the Joys of Croydon

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
From Wikipedia

The BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology is a British performing arts and technology school located in Selhurst, Croydon, in London Borough of Croydon, England, with a mandate to provide education and vocational training for the performing arts, media, art and design and the technologies that make performance possible. Selective in its intake, the school is notable for its numerous famous alumni including Adele, Tara McDonald, Leo The Lion, Stefan Abingdon, Katy B, The Feeling, Imogen Heap, Jessie J, Cush Jumbo, Rizzle Kicks, The Kooks, King Krule, Leona Lewis, Ashley Madekwe, Katie Melua, Kate Nash, Shingai Shoniwa, Amy Winehouse, Ella Eyre and Rainy Milo...........

Ouch! ..... v's what in Brighton?

Hardly the University of Sussex!! Now they do produce people the country actually need.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wilfs just brought Ron Noades old house in a lovely part of the borough of Croydon.
Some lovely places around the area, but obviously not up to Your standards :ffsparr:
uploadfromtaptalk1448647251803.jpgyeah lovely places round that area

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Your post and subsequent response serve as perfect examples of the cultural and intellectual divide between the people of Croydon and Brighton.

Born and bred in South London.
Working class, no airs and graces .
I say please and thank you, so could you please keep your middle class pomposity to your good self.
Thank you.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Listening to James O'Brien on LBC on Wednesday, a caller invited the presenter to Croydon, cue much laughter from O'Brien followed by these words "nothing would ever entice me to visit that place". Lol.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Born inbred in South London.
I say please and thank you, so could you please keep your middle class pomposity to your good self.
Thank you.

Corrected for you

Interesting 'working class' vernacular there sunshine!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Listening to James O'Brien on LBC on Wednesday, a caller invited the presenter to Croydon, cue much laughter from O'Brien followed by these words "nothing would ever entice me to visit that place". Lol.
Did you used to work in les deux alpes ?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Born and bred in South London.
Thank you.

Whatever your class, no airs and graces....I think not. Also, wtf does class have to do with anything?

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Well for starters Rizzle kicks are from Brighton the kooks were formed in Brighton and Adele lives in Brighton , thats not bad 3 out of 21 for little ole Brighton , how many of your list are from Croydon or still live there ? There are some nice parts of the Borough of Croydon , but East and especially West Croydon are complete shitholes , with some proper toerags who live and infest these 2 areas.

Does she? You sure?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well for starters Rizzle kicks are from Brighton the kooks were formed in Brighton and Adele lives in Brighton , thats not bad 3 out of 21 for little ole Brighton , how many of your list are from Croydon or still live there ? There are some nice parts of the Borough of Croydon , but East and especially West Croydon are complete shitholes , with some proper toerags who live and infest these 2 areas.

Does she? You sure?
Ok , Hove actually.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
From Wikipedia

The BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology is a British performing arts and technology school located in Selhurst, Croydon, in London Borough of Croydon, England, with a mandate to provide education and vocational training for the performing arts, media, art and design and the technologies that make performance possible. Selective in its intake, the school is notable for its numerous famous alumni including Adele, Tara McDonald, Leo The Lion, Stefan Abingdon, Katy B, The Feeling, Imogen Heap, Jessie J, Cush Jumbo, Rizzle Kicks, The Kooks, King Krule, Leona Lewis, Ashley Madekwe, Katie Melua, Kate Nash, Shingai Shoniwa, Amy Winehouse, Ella Eyre and Rainy Milo...........

Ouch! ..... v's what in Brighton?

Respectfully, you've completely missed the point here.

The fact that the BRIT School is based in Selhurst and has churned out some musical talent doesn't lessen Zaha's comments that Croydon is "an awful place to be in".

Just because someone famous works or studies somewhere for a few years doesn't suddenly make the surroundings idyllic and picturesque.

How many of the aforementioned are still living there or, indeed, would choose to?

Or is it more a case of getting out as soon as they can?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Tara McDonald? Nope
Stefan Abingdon? Not a scooby
Cush Jumbo? Come again
Ashley Madekwe? Sorry, that's a no
Shingai Shoniwa? Bless you
Ella Eyre? Once again, I can't say I've heard of them
Rainy Milo? Is that a real thing..
Leo the Lion? F*ck off. You can't include hand puppets.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Does she? You sure?
What about our very own Fat Boy Slim.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about our very own Fat Boy Slim.

Born in Bromley, so not a million miles from Croydon.

But obviously (like Adele) got the hell out and moved to civilisation, or "Sussex" as it's popularly known just as soon as they both could.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here