Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Youth footy county cup

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
for all those involved in kids footy,the county cup ties are now out on the sussex fa website:thumbsup:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yep agree its a hard one ,but its nice playing teams from other leagues etc.
we have a tourne next week down in chi,with pompey and southampton and winchester teams in
,looking firward to see their abilty,compared to our boys

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
no mate,under 16s ,last year of youth footy:moo:,so many decisions for him after this season

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hawks Youth Away for Mini as U15s

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
no mate,under 16s ,last year of youth footy:moo:,so many decisions for him after this season

My eldest moved very easily from U16s to U18s.

Started at Stenning Town then moved to Worthing United.

After 18s went to Ferring United, last season East Preston reserves and this season Worthing United

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thats good to hear,hate the fact that so many just decide to give up footy after finishing under 16s,east preston certainly have a bit ofmoney to develope the kids,along with lancing and worthing and whitehawk,so plenty of options i feel,but if the local teams do invest in the youth teams then thats a good way forward,plenty dont.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
My eldest moved very easily from U16s to U18s.

Started at Stenning Town then moved to Worthing United.

After 18s went to Ferring United, last season East Preston reserves and this season Worthing United

all change at worthing utd again

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
all change at worthing utd again

Is it ?

What's happened as he left after U18s and now back two years later - crap kit the had on last week which was red.

Friendly against Climping today

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
management set up,they are trying to re-build the set up so ive heard

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Couldn't get in the 1st team and his him and his mate moved to Worthing United

good luck for the coming season,im lancing way,but try and go and watch worthing utd when poss,its a shame that the management keep changing,it doesnt help the boys development

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
good luck for the coming season,im lancing way,but try and go and watch worthing utd when poss,its a shame that the management keep changing,it doesnt help the boys development

Cheers, this is just a stepping stone he hopes to get a sponsored scholarship to a USA University to play soccer next September

Yogi Hair

Jan 25, 2012
thats good to hear,hate the fact that so many just decide to give up footy after finishing under 16s,east preston certainly have a bit ofmoney to develope the kids,along with lancing and worthing and whitehawk,so plenty of options i feel,but if the local teams do invest in the youth teams then thats a good way forward,plenty dont.

Where do you hear that EP have got money to develop the youth? I run the u16's and our 4 junior teams (U10,13,14 & 16) are self financed. Last seasons U18 team paid the club to run them for 1 season as they came from Worthing. The club lost £20k last season and will not be running an U18 or ladies teams ths season.
If there are any other U16 teams out there who want a PSF then get in touch.
Off to see who we've got in the cup!,

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Can't see youth players of U 18's getting much of a chance in the likes of East Preston, Shoreham or Lancing. They have budgets and are going for the very top so will be amazed if they trust inexperienced youth players. A local youth player at that age should be looking at sides like Southwick, Mile Oak, Storrington and Worthing Utd if they are serious about wanting to play 1st team county football. Maybe a generalisation but it is accurate.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Can't see youth players of U 18's getting much of a chance in the likes of East Preston, Shoreham or Lancing. They have budgets and are going for the very top so will be amazed if they trust inexperienced youth players. A local youth player at that age should be looking at sides like Southwick, Mile Oak, Storrington and Worthing Utd if they are serious about wanting to play 1st team county football. Maybe a generalisation but it is accurate.

very suprised john,i know for a fact 4 young players have gone from under 16s to lancing last year and have done remarkable not just doing welli n under 18 league,but also playing for mens reserve team,yes things will change now the management has changed,but they certainly are giving the youth a chance,and worthing and whitehawk too,i was told about east preston having money last year,it seems that info was wrong.

It was interesting that lancing had 40 young players turn up forunder 18 preseason training

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here