Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Latest score: Bristol Rovers 0 Brighton 2 Kane Louis & Brinkhurst

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
0-3 Kane Wills

I think I should have gone there instead of watching the England debacle!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Great stuff, come on the kids.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Final score - 3-0 to us. The next round, against Man United, won't be at Old Trafford though. It has to be played before 15th December.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thats good news. The Brighton youth team success story might reach a all time high in the next round.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Are any of them actually any good? They seem to have had some mixed results in the league.

Two years ago there were some excellent players - Rents, Lynch, Fraser, Elphick....even Gatting was OK at youth level. Last year a little less so - Gargan & Cobbs stood out though. Not sure about this lot....but when you look at the first team and regularly see 6 or 7 home grown products, you have to admire the quality of our youth set up, and I'm sure it's still producing.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Two years ago there were some excellent players - Rents, Lynch, Fraser, Elphick....even Gatting was OK at youth level. Last year a little less so - Gargan & Cobbs stood out though. Not sure about this lot....but when you look at the first team and regularly see 6 or 7 home grown products, you have to admire the quality of our youth set up, and I'm sure it's still producing.

Indeed. Considering our youth setup was ignored for so long under the Archer/Stanley/Belotti regime, it is a credit to the club that we have pushed on. It can only help us for the future if potential stars realise that they will get a game at this club, even if that is a knock on effect of not being able to afford mass amounts of incoming players!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kane Louis, Andrew Pearson and Brinkhurst look pretty good and have all played in the reserves with the senior players.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
2 hours up the road - think ill go to this!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Steve Brinkhurst is the son of a good mate of mine and has been a class act for a long time.

He wont be at Brighton for very long....It wouldnt surprise me to see him at a top london club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here