Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're not entertaining me, so I'm checking out the enemy forums

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'm struggling to cope with the excitement just thinking about it. I imagine we'd waste a bit of money though, as we bringing in some foreign talent who could be great, but might not fit into British football, like Mr Manu.

Indeed! What I mean was we will not be doing an Adebayor at £80k a week or whatever scattercash approach Pompey and QPR have done.

Dec 29, 2011
Indeed! What I mean was we will not be doing an Adebayor at £80k a week or whatever scattercash approach Pompey and QPR have done.
We'd be able to keep hold of Kayal and a few others, we'd finally be able to find that £10m striker and the quality of youngster we can attract will increase once more.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Starting with Hull, who have this to say:

"Work means I have to go to the IKEA Stadium and watch cuntybollocks dongs fc play Brighton S&M.
Brighton are so average.

Good back four but a team full of Clucas's bar that.

They really fully deserved to blow a lead vs a dire MK team"

Links?

Most forums are naff in some way or another. Most are just plain naff.

I get the impression

1) Hull are getting worried unnecessarily but not in the promotion mood
2) Bubble has burst at Derby
3) Boro still think they've got in the bag
4) Burnley know better. Quietly confident but not counting their chickens. (Always be poor relations in Lancashire. Can't really boast or else their PL neighbours will laugh.)
5) Wednesday think it is next season but might make the play-offs
6) Albion are short of a really convincing performance to make us really believe !?

Last edited:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Links?

I get the impression

4) Burnley know better. Quietly confident but not counting their chickens.
6) Albion are short of a really convincing performance to make us really believe !?

Although Brighton's form is very good, much better than Hull or Boro. There's been some exceptional performances recently like hammering Brentford 3-0, the crucifixion of Leeds. Three points away at the dongs is a brilliant result, if we beat Burnley, everything will go into meltdown

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Feels like 88 or 89 points to get automatic.

So 17 or 18 points from maximum of 24. Not impossible but will be one hell of a finish. Three draws is all we can afford (six dropped points). Taking points off Burnley and Boro will bring that total down a point or two.

It's going to be a hell of a ride - and I'll be very excited if we beat Burnley.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Feels like 88 or 89 points to get automatic.

So 17 or 18 points from maximum of 24. Not impossible but will be one hell of a finish. Three draws is all we can afford (six dropped points). Taking points off Burnley and Boro will bring that total down a point or two.

It's going to be a hell of a ride - and I'll be very excited if we beat Burnley.

We have a tough run of games for sure but that doesn't necessarily matter. Seeing the players reaction after the MK Dongs game is really encouraging. They truly believe now, TRULY believe and that could see us through any game

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Although Brighton's form is very good, much better than Hull or Boro. There's been some exceptional performances recently like hammering Brentford 3-0, the crucifixion of Leeds. Three points away at the dongs is a brilliant result, if we beat Burnley, everything will go into meltdown

I thought Brentford was our best home game. I though Leeds were so bad it doesn't count and we should have had seven.

I think we have played well in patches, e.g. the first half against Hull at home, but never kept it up for the majority of the game. Or some games the defence has been good all through but the midfield so-so and the attack a bit limp.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You think that's bad - FourFourTwo magazine, at the beginning of August, had us down to finish 23rd out of 24! :lolol:
I remember that being posted at the time, and it was just as stupid then as now.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I thought Brentford was our best home game. I though Leeds were so bad it doesn't count and we should have had seven.

I think we have played well in patches, e.g. the first half against Hull at home, but never kept it up for the majority of the game. Or some games the defence has been good all through but the midfield so-so and the attack a bit limp.

Yeah, Leeds were all over the place defensively but that's partly because we went at them like a steam train on speed. They were like a punch drunk boxer that never even vaguely recovered. Tbh at times we haven't looked quite good enough for a top 2 finish but we've got to the point in the season where it doesn't even matter so much. Confidence is key, hopefully we'll do Burnley and then who knows. I just hope the dream will become reality

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Yeah he'll probably be wrong, but sadly I'm starting to think 'boro will actually go up, with Burnley. Their away form has been poor, but they've won their last 3 home games and they've got 5 home games left. Going there on the last day is not good. It doesn't matter what dressing room problems they have then, they'll be able to put them aside for one game.
Its not all about Boro though. They might not win all their home games as you seem to think, and a win against Burnley will mean both 1st and 2nd are up for grabs.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
You think that's bad - FourFourTwo magazine, at the beginning of August, had us down to finish 23rd out of 24! :lolol:

Last year they had Wigan to be promoted as champions didn't they? Top footie knowledge from those boys :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its not all about Boro though. They might not win all their home games as you seem to think
I don't think they'll win all their home games, but I am feeling pessimistic. I think the win against Hull was a big deal going into the break (and I'd have thought it was a big deal for Hull had they won it) and they'll be confident.

a win against Burnley will mean both 1st and 2nd are up for grabs.
Agreed, it's a massive game. We need the points and bringing Burnley back into the mix would be huge. 2 places up for grabs is much better than 1.

Hull have a decent run in, but they haven't won for 5 games (plus Arsenal) and they're playing catch-up. Of course they're still in the race, but naturally 'boro are the biggest threat.

It would be handy if the fans can keep their nerve against Burnley. We do tend to get anxious and pass it on to the players.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't think they'll win all their home games.

Apart from thinking Burnley might hold us to a draw I've got everyone winning their home games. I'm thinking the battleground could be the aways, the best 2 get automatic?

Burnley - BHA, Brum, Preston, Charlton
BHA - Brum, Forest, Charlton, Boro
Hull - Derby, Huddersfield, Reading, Bolton
Boro - QPR, Bolton, Burnley, Brum

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Apart from thinking Burnley might hold us to a draw I've got everyone winning their home games. I'm thinking the battleground could be the aways, the best 2 get automatic?

Burnley - BHA, Brum, Preston, Charlton
BHA - Brum, Forest, Charlton, Boro
Hull - Derby, Huddersfield, Reading, Bolton
Boro - QPR, Bolton, Burnley, Brum

Christ - Brum are going to have a massive say in this potentially

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
'Brighton S&M' wtf :facepalm:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Links?

I get the impression

4) Burnley know better. Quietly confident but not counting their chickens. (Always be poor relations in Lancashire. Can't really boast or else their PL neighbours will laugh.)

Really? From this thread they are booking their hotel for the Play Off Final.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/237529-play-off-dates-confirmed/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here