• Pull him back

Votes: 61 19.9%
  • Let him go

Votes: 245 80.1%

• Total voters

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think the red was a bit harsh but obviously its a poor decision from Dunk and he knew it immediatly. Shit happens though, better defenders than him have made worse decisions than that over the years. Forget and move on.

Not sure how you see that as harsh. I saw as a straight red. Last man. Goal scoring opportunity. As soon as it happened I thought it was a red, and would have been incensed if it had happened at the other end and a red wasn’t given.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think the red was a bit harsh but obviously its a poor decision from Dunk and he knew it immediatly. Shit happens though, better defenders than him have made worse decisions than that over the years. Forget and move on.

A bit harsh? Your glasses must be very rose tinted. It was as clear a red card as you will ever see.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Natural reaction from a winner and our captain. At the time I thought it was a great professional foul, but with hindsight perhaps not. Dunky didn't have that hindsight and he made the decision out of instinct.

Not a big deal, but it has highlighted what a collosus he is in our defence, and just how important he is.

Spot on - he is the best defender we have. Top 6 team and probably not a red card.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
A lot of hindsight here. He was through and it was one on one vs Sanchez. Dunk made a professional foul. Unfortunately, it didn't pay off. For me, he made the right call in the moment.

This poll would have a VERY different outcome had we been able to shut up shop and nick a point or three.

totally agree , all the arm chair footballers know better than the real ones.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Spot on - he is the best defender we have. Top 6 team and probably not a red card.

That is the most blatant red card any referee will give all season

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Terrible decision by Dunk Not certain forward would score and even if he did we were capable of regaining lead

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No - because if he had stayed on his feet and got a shot away, the tugback wouldn't have denied him a clear scoring opportunity. Probably then a yellow in that situation.

That isn’t the law. Whether it’s a shirt pull, trip up, push in the back or mistimed sliding tackle it’s all denying a goal scoring opportunity and a red card

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That is the most blatant red card any referee will give all season

This. Red all day long. I said it instantly, my 14 year old son said it instantly and the BBC commentary team knew. Dunk did too. Not a "top 6" decision in any way and if the ref hadn't brandished it VAR would have sent Dunk off.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
That isn’t the law. Whether it’s a shirt pull, trip up, push in the back or mistimed sliding tackle it’s all denying a goal scoring opportunity and a red card
If the shot is still taken, then he is not denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity, as an obvious goal scoring opportunity was still taken.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Let him go, easier said than done now. Dunky probably didn't realise he was the last man.

Mistakes happen Lewis doesn't make many, earlier beach holiday fella

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Terrible decision by Dunk Not certain forward would score and even if he did we were capable of regaining lead

Exactly. Truly a shocking decision made even more shocking by the fact he's our captain and has years and years of experience.

Besides the stupidity of the decision it shows a real lack of confidence in Sanchez's ability to deal with the situation.

The only possible reason for pulling him back was that it probably saved a goal being scored. Did it not occur to him that we had 30 minutes plus remaining?

Reasons for NOT pulling him back

1. Straight red.
2 We have to play with 10 men for 30 minutes. Worse outcome than conceding a goal.
3. He is banned for the remaining games of the season at a time when another of our four central defenders is injured.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

My vote for player of the season will now go elsewhere.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This. Red all day long. I said it instantly, my 14 year old son said it instantly and the BBC commentary team knew. Dunk did too. Not a "top 6" decision in any way and if the ref hadn't brandished it VAR would have sent Dunk off.

Same here....we both instantly said ‘that’s a red’. Can’t believe anyone thinks any different. Cynically pulled down with no other cover when through on goal. No other decision possible.

Awful dilemma for Dunk to have and only a split-second to decide. All these judgements being made after the event, with the benefit of endless replays and seeing how the game panned out are daft.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here