Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're all fickle and ungrateful!......

If this has already been posted, advanced apologies. I discovered this gem in the online letters edition of the Sussex Express. Is he as active nimby or just an ill informed idiot? The name rings a bell but I can't place him.

Council is doing its job
I CANNOT understand all the fuss about Lewes District Council spending money to investigate the suitability or not of the Falmer site for the Albion.

Surely, it is proper that a council should look after the interests of those immediately affected by the proposed development – Falmer residents who are opposed to the idea.
As for the democratic nature of both councils on this issue, compare this to Brighton and Hove Council who are prepared to dump this facility outside their own area. Yes, they had a vote, but that was partly to empower the council to play a role in finding a suitable site – not exclusively at Falmer.
Albion supporters, like most supporters, are notoriously fickle and now they seem ungrateful too. It was no one outside of the club's fault that they nearly went out of the league and lost/sold their ground at the same time only seven years ago. After two years out of the town they were found a ground at Withdean, which they have been given permission to increase to 9,000 capacity. This is nothing short of miraculous, yet still they moan and crave the holy grail of Falmer, and relish their self-imposed victim status. How convenient for football supporters to be able to lay the blame for all their ills on politicians.
Damien Baxter, Lewes.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Zeitgeist said:
If this has already been posted, advanced apologies. I discovered this gem in the online letters edition of the Sussex Express. Is he as active nimby or just an ill informed idiot? The name rings a bell but I can't place him.

Council is doing its job
I CANNOT understand all the fuss about Lewes District Council spending money to investigate the suitability or not of the Falmer site for the Albion.

Surely, it is proper that a council should look after the interests of those immediately affected by the proposed development – Falmer residents who are opposed to the idea.
As for the democratic nature of both councils on this issue, compare this to Brighton and Hove Council who are prepared to dump this facility outside their own area. Yes, they had a vote, but that was partly to empower the council to play a role in finding a suitable site – not exclusively at Falmer.
Albion supporters, like most supporters, are notoriously fickle and now they seem ungrateful too. It was no one outside of the club's fault that they nearly went out of the league and lost/sold their ground at the same time only seven years ago. After two years out of the town they were found a ground at Withdean, which they have been given permission to increase to 9,000 capacity. This is nothing short of miraculous, yet still they moan and crave the holy grail of Falmer, and relish their self-imposed victim status. How convenient for football supporters to be able to lay the blame for all their ills on politicians.
Damien Baxter, Lewes.

What a complete cock.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Will that be in tomorrows paper?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Zeitgeist said:
I believe so.

So that'll be seen by the fox hunting fraternity and the 50,000 Sussex based extras on Little Britain.....

The man is an ill-informed cock!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
Nothing like a well-informed, sensible letter.

And that was nothing like one; Boom boom

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Can I just re-iterate that the guy is a complete cock?

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Zeitgeist said:
After two years out of the town they were found a ground at Withdean, which they have been given permission to increase to 9,000 capacity.

Since when have we had that permission? :tosser:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: You're all fickle and ungrateful!......

Fluffster said:
Since when have we had that permission? :tosser:

Not meaning to side with the complete cock up there but I think we have got it if we can on arrange a park and ride site. Which we can't get.

Last edited:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Re: Re: Re: You're all fickle and ungrateful!......

Rangdo said:
Not meaning to side with the complete cock up there but I think we have got it if we can on arrange a park and ride site. Which we can't get.

Still a tosser either way. It's not like we've refused the extra 3,000 seats. Anyway a complete NIMBY as he doesn't seem to have an issue about the concerns of the Withdean residents, as long as it's away from his f***ing duck pond or whatever they're getting pissy over.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Zeitgeist said:
compare this to Brighton and Hove Council who are prepared to dump this facility outside their own area.

This is the bit that gets me. If Brighton and Hove council are dumping the stadium outside of Brighton and Hove how come they were able to gramt planning permission on it?

Re: Re: You're all fickle and ungrateful!......

Rangdo said:
This is the bit that gets me. If Brighton and Hove council are dumping the stadium outside of Brighton and Hove how come they were able to gramt planning permission on it?

This idiot should realise the development is inside the boundary of Brighton & Hove. Abet, by around a few feet!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Zeitgeist said:
This idiot should realise the development is inside the boundary of Brighton & Hove. Abet, by around a few feet!

Boundaries are boundaries...the stadium has been granted planning permission by B&H council to be built in B&H. f***ing turd sucking twats like him really piss me off.

I've a good mind to collate all of the idiotic anti-Falmer letters that have appeared throughout Sussex in shitty rags like the Sussex Express and send them all to Prescott to show him what a bunch of COCKS there are trying to kill our football club.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Zeitgeist said:
Unfortunately that shit excuse for a newspaper will print it regardless of its inaccuracies because they are anti-stadium and this kind of letter butters up their readership i.e. the nimbys

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Just did a BT search for this Mr Damien Baxter and there's no one listed in Lewes...The only D Baxter in the area lives in St James Avenue, Brighton.

:angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here