Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You're Adam Lallana

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Such a shame as he’s our best/most influential player when fit. Until his last injury he was also doing ok and near the top in terms of minutes played but he’s slipping down the list now (9th in the squad, similar no. of minutes to Biss after being 5th a few weeks ago)

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/mins_played

Don’t disagree with any of the sentiment around one of our best players but if today is the same injury, that he has had recently, then sorry but that is embarrassing, and poor from either him telling GP he was fit, or the management team for risking him.

If it is a new injury then rotten luck and ignore the above….

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sick note Lallana has played more minutes than Bissouma this season. And Webster & Lamptey.

Personally I’m far more concerned about Webster overall fitness than Lallana, especially given the outlay. All his injuries seem to be muscular and the current one seems to be a mix of them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sick note Lallana has played more minutes than Bissouma this season. And Webster & Lamptey.

Personally I’m far more concerned about Webster overall fitness than Lallana, especially given the outlay. All his injuries seem to be muscular and the current one seems to be a mix of them

Webster aside I'm not sure you've thought that through.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I just don’t see how we can keep using him.

We got away with it against West Ham even though it took us down to 10 men but today was arguably worse

I’m sure there’s some stattos on here - how many times has he played 90 minutes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Totally agree. Get rid ASAP and give our youth a chance to get experience

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Never understood the purring plaudits success starved Albion fans laud upon him. Terrible finisher, both in terms of staying on the pitch and scoring goals. If he feel out of a boat, he’d miss the sea.

A poor signing overall. Gambled and lost. Far too injury prone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still rate him.

He’s played a quarterback role in driving us forward in our best performances, always forward thinking. At 33 and with no searing pace, he won’t be involved in attacks.

My only criticism, I wish his shots were on target.

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008
I still rate him.

He’s played a quarterback role in driving us forward in our best performances, always forward thinking. At 33 and with no searing pace, he won’t be involved in attacks.

To be fair, he’s not alone ! :D

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not been worth the money we have supposedly paid for him but hasn’t been a waste of a signing.

Right now I’m not sure what we do with him, has been very influential in games and understands how GP wants to play. However is injury prone and doesn’t either create goals or score them.

Midfield is our biggest issue at the moment, not doing enough offensively or in regard to protecting the back 4/5 like it did earlier in the season…. Biss is off form and rest of them whilst show nice touches and abilities going forward offer little defensively.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Never understood the purring plaudits success starved Albion fans laud upon him. Terrible finisher, both in terms of staying on the pitch and scoring goals. If he feel out of a boat, he’d miss the sea.

A poor signing overall. Gambled and lost. Far too injury prone.

Moder been far more wasteful in front of goal …

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I still rate him.

This.

He’s a great player, but we need to sort out his injuries and if there is an inkling of doubt leave him out.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Moder been far more wasteful in front of goal …

That’s true. In terms of midfield contributions we don’t appear to have got much better than Propper & Stephens.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This.

He’s a great player, but we need to sort out his injuries and if there is an inkling of doubt leave him out.

Forget inkling. It’s beyond doubt he will
Score
Create a goal
Last a match

Needs replacing therefore.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That’s true. In terms of midfield contributions we don’t appear to have got much better than Propper & Stephens.

You mean we're the same as when Mr Hughton was in charge?

Careful or your name will be on the list. :lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
His contract must be up soon?

I wouldn’t be renewing

It’s a shame because he has put the n some great performances and has been a leader on the pitch - which is what we are lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I still rate him.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
His contract must be up soon?

I wouldn’t be renewing

We were talking about this yesterday and I think he signed for 3 years, which means one more to go. Before someone pointed that out, we were saying that if he went at the end of the season and we need experience on the pitch to help the youngsters, Erikson could be a good shout. I think his contract at Brentford is only for this season.

I also remember when we signed Lallana, they were talking about his influence throughout the club, not just on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here