Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Stranglers at Brixton academy

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Simply Red at the NEC in 85. Dragged there by a friend who had a spare ticket. Shockingly shite, and up his own arse the whole time too.

How Steffi Graf ever let him slip her a length is totally beyond me, especially as I would pay her at least £20 for a knee trembler.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I had to suffer the torture of a Shakin' Stevens concert, the wife wouldn't go on her own and she couldn't find another mug to go with.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Bob Dylan at MEN Manchester. Every song sounded the same (a drone) and nothing like the original. Dylan didn't play the guitar at all.

Only positive was that it finished at about 9.15 so we got home early. .

Edit. Just looked back through this thread and seen I am not alone.

Asia at Wembley Arena - not bad but just dull - it was a "spare ticket" job and I wasn't a huge fan of them anyway. A case of "might as well have just stayed at home and listened to the album". Support was Chris Bliss, a juggler FFS. He was dull as well.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Who was the bloke that did "Street Tuff" - lordy that was poor (the only concert I have ever walked out of)

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Gogol Bordello, Dome - they had the fast very loud one and the very fast very loud one
UB40 Brighton Centre around 1980 - just dull
StranglersBrightin Centre around 1986/7 - boring but evening saved by the support band XMal Deutschland

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Stone Roses at the centre in 1995 - Ian Brown and three session players. Dreadful

Poor memory here I'm afraid. It was Ian Brown, John Squire and Mani, with Robbie Maddix on the drums as the only non-original Stone Rose.

I was there, and have seen far worse from Ian Brown.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
ZZ Top wembley arena.

On paper good, on stage shite.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Gong. I could not believe quite how spectacularly bad this gig was. Two or three years ago, at The Corn Exchange.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
europe at rock city this year..looked demoralised having to follow the brilliant black star rider set..jan akkermann at the dome in the seventies-amazing substitute for mogadon..

spellfast

Jul 14, 2011
Stone Cross
Avril lavigne at the brighton centre, not the venue which I actually like, just a performer going through the motions - she seemed bored and so were the audience

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Poor memory here I'm afraid. It was Ian Brown, John Squire and Mani, with Robbie Maddix on the drums as the only non-original Stone Rose.

I was there, and have seen far worse from Ian Brown.

Think you are right , getting mixed up with that Reading Festival shambles

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It's tough there have been so many:
- A totally out of it John Martyn taking an hour to finish the first song in Cambridge in 1995
- The Raincoats in 1981
- Generation X at Portsmouth Poly well past their heyday and before his gruesome solo career took off.
- The Cure (who I love) showcasing Faith in Portsmouth in 1981; utterly miserable but partially saved by the Forest and Arab as encores
- Jefferson Starship's shambolic set at Knebworth in 78

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
BUCK'S Fizz- COASTERS 86

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Van Morrison at the Dome. He mumbled, I fell asleep.

Oh, I forgot, Mark Almond at the Zap (I think) was pretty terrible too.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here