Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst Albion striker?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Farrigton does stick out immediately, but he did play for us in the equivalent of the Championship. We had some real DROSS in the Gillingham years. Michael Mahoney-Johnson sticks out in particular
Oh so correct....OK he was a loan player from QPR but I've never seen a player so dis-interested as MMJ...My son yelled at him as he came off at HT,Wear your shirt with some pride...he couldn't be bothered to look up...the only Albion player I've ever booed.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Oh so correct....OK he was a loan player from QPR but I've never seen a player so dis-interested as MMJ...My son yelled at him as he came off at HT,Wear your shirt with some pride...he couldn't be bothered to look up...the only Albion player I've ever booed.

Hey Seagull, you are a very old fan like myself and do you remember a striker coming to us with all the publicity about him being Brian Cloughs understudy at Middlesborough, a striker (and I use the term loosely) called Dennis Windross, around 1960. He was easily in my top five of the worst strikers to play for us, but not too many fans around now would remember him.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Turienzo. McGhee bought him on the strength of one goal on a VHS video tape. Then when he got here, they had to teach him to run properly FFS, because the way he was running was leading to hamstring problems. I mean, a guy who has to be taught how to run?.....

And the best put down I heard for him at Withers was an old fella behind me in G block......"Turienzo has all the coordination of a demented cow running down a spiral staircase whilst wearing stiletto heels...."

That's my bid!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Turienzo. McGhee bought him on the strength of one goal on a VHS video tape. Then when he got here, they had to teach him to run properly FFS, because the way he was running was leading to hamstring problems. I mean, a guy who has to be taught how to run?.....

buck_1484960a.jpg

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
It is quite scary to think how many poor strikers we have had! It would be interesting to see whether other clubs have had as many duffers.

Stumpy Tim

He felt Brighton were beneath him. It turned how he was wrong. Wonder what happened to his career

Stumpy Tim

From Wikipedia:

Mahoney-Johnson is considered by QPR fans to be one of the worst players in the clubs history, as he played few games for the club, and failed to make a significant impact, in addition to suffering a terrible knee injury against Jamaica in a friendly against QPR.[2][3]He is also considered to be a 'flop' loan signing among the fans of Brighton & Hove Albion.[4]

The highlight of his Career would probably be the 6-3 defeat Away to Peterborough while on loan at Wycombe in which he scored his only two professional goals.[5]

Currently Michael is working at Heathrow airport as a ramp agent for company Menzies Aviation he is a Team Leader for the company.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

And the best put down I heard for him at Withers was an old fella behind me in G block......"Turienzo has all the coordination of a demented cow running down a spiral staircase whilst wearing stiletto heels...."

That's my bid!

I was playing Football Manager 2008 (I think) and I remember Turienzo was my top scorer, including 5 in a 9-1 thrashing of Reading. For that reason alone, I love the bloke. Regardless of how shit he actually was.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Raphael Meades fabulous equaliser at Burnden Park sent me and the travelling faithful delirious!!!

Farrington gets my vote

cup game,only shot we had all match?

I ended up about 50 feet away from where I was origanally standing

brilliant,sitting down at football is shit

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Richard Tiltman has to be worst. I had the pleasure of playing against him a year or two before he signed for us. If I could keep him out of the game it said it all. Totally out of his depth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here