Your worst Albion striker?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Someone usually mentions Christer Warren... Which I always think is rather unfair as the poor guy only played 2 1/2 games before getting injured and compared to the crap around him at the time , he didn't look too bad .
So my vote goes to Leon Best

Last edited:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
It's a funny thing but if he hadn't scored a tap-in at some West of England ground (can't quite remember the details), some would say Robbie Reinelt.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Billy painter sticks out - I used to watch him for the whole game and think 'you have no redeeming features as a footballer, do you'.

Back in the day Andy Kennedy used to wind me up as there was talent there but he was so lazy

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
RT wouldn't be mentioned on this thread if he hadn't gently headed a guilt edge chance softly into an incredibly surprised and very grateful John Lukic's arms.

I believe when the cross came in and Tilt's found himself all alone 6 yards from goal, Lukic, to save time turned and walked into his goal, so he was ready to get the ball from the back of the net.
After a quick swig of drink, he wiped his hands then looked for the ball.
He looked back over his shoulder to see Tilters had headed the ball so tamely, Lukic was able to kick both boots clean on the post.
Then amble back into the dead centre of the goal, where he caught the ball.

I want to be completely unfair and add Rafael Meade to the list, but I know that's only because he wasn't Mickey Small, which isn't in the spirit of the question.

are you thinking of Mike Trusson???

fa cup South stand goal?

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Great thread - I've been laughing at the names cropping up - just when I've been reminded of the worse, someone else manages to top it.

Christ we've had some turds up top eh?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Frank Stapleton anyone?
Teddy Maybank anyone? (I know this will really upset One Teddy Maybank, but hey, you have to live on the edge)
For me - Richard Tiltman - easier to score than miss against Palace in 87.

How very dare you Ali!!!!!!!

Hope all is well with you.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Richard Tiltrman for me too BUT I think he was a good honest local footballer who had the chance of his life to play for his local league side and he wasn't quite up to it, no really not up to it at all.

However, I still feel that he was no worse pound for pound than the procession of loan donkeys that we have had at the Amex: Barn Door Billy, Jon has that ball landed yet Obika and Leon I am definitely not The Best

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
best

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Sam Williams was one of the worst loaners.

Everyone mentioning McPhee, Robinson, Gatting have forgotten that beginning of season under. Hinshelwood where we were playing with Shaun Wilkinson and Dean Marney up front. I feel bad because clearly they were trying, but I haven't seen such a hopeless forward line in my time watching the Albion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mark Farrington

God I ****ing HATED him.

Mind you we really have had some shit over the years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
are you thinking of Mike Trusson???

fa cup South stand goal?

Oh dear god yes.
I got so caught up in the witch hunt, actual facts went out of the window.

How the hell has Mike 'The Surgical Truss' Trusson escaped this thread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports