Your worst Albion striker?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Was responding to the thread title, rather than the article. Tho the article is plenty sloppy filler, has to be said, with Leon Knight just bunged in as an afterthought. C- for the article.

I wrote it.

Leon Knight isn't an afterthought. The headline, again, reads The Good (listed), The Bad (Farrington, Mahoney-J), The... (Knight). I think it's 'plenty' clear, to be fair.

Thanks for highlighting C- as your mark. I must do better next time.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Like others have said
TILTMAN & FARRINGTON
A massive fall from grace having started watching in mid 70's with the likes of Binny Ward Mellor Ritchie Robinson Conner Saunders
To 10 years later watching the likes of TILTMAN

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Just give it to Farrington and be done with it.

thats the man
and if you were on the east terrace and the Albion were kicking towards the south goal in the first half you might just as well go home for the second.
as everything went down the left

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I would also throw in the name of Federico Turienzo. Perhaps more for the sheer disappointment following my high hopes of a flairmeister pioneer being crushed by the realisation that he was in fact a bit pants.

Seconded. I remember being unreasonably excited when he signed. And with his first touch in his first game, someone flicked on a goal kick and he crashed a first time half volley from about 35 yards that clipped the bar. I nearly ejaculated with excitement. That was literally the best thing he did in the Albion shirt. Such a crying shame.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wrote it.

Leon Knight isn't an afterthought. The headline, again, reads The Good (listed), The Bad (Farrington, Mahoney-J), The... (Knight). I think it's 'plenty' clear, to be fair.

Thanks for highlighting C- as your mark. I must do better next time.

Sorry but you're going for the same cheap clickbait option that our illiterate Timmy goes for, piggybacking on the huge numbers of NSC users, counting on us all clicking the link. Not impressed. You should be paying [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and/or REMF for the plug. Your tatty local rag editor daresay thinks you are cutting edge bees-knees on account of the number of page hits. But NSC knows the score :wink:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry but you're going for the same cheap clickbait option that our illiterate Timmy goes for, piggybacking on the huge numbers of NSC users, counting on us all clicking the link. Not impressed. You should be paying [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and/or REMF for the plug. Your tatty local rag editor daresay thinks you are cutting edge bees-knees on account of the number of page hits. But NSC knows the score :wink:

Oh dear. l can see this escalating already ... queue Soul Fingers retort ...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Liam Dickinson and Craig Davies were shite for how much money we paid for them at the time and the league we were in.

I would have thought McPhee, Ramsey, Robinson and Gatting were all massively over rated at the time as they were local lads, all never achieved anything of great success.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004

This is the second time I've posted an article of mine and I've been doing it six months now.

It's has nothing to do with 'click baiting'. I don't even know what that is!

It comes out in print so the web bit is an aside.

Seriously, what does it have to do with REMF??!

You're clearly on the wind-up but, as I have no idea who you are, or what you are going on about, your opinion - which is clearly very important to you - isn't going to result in me getting wound up on this occasion.

Thanks for having an unfounded and unnecessary pop though.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Mick Ferguson - I saw him score a tap in when we won 6-1. Other than that what a melt. Never tried - couldn't try -I dunno. Made Les Berry look like an athlete and Alan Biley look like a match winner.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is the second time I've posted an article of mine and I've been doing it six months now.

It's has nothing to do with 'click baiting'. I don't even know what that is!

It comes out in print so the web bit is an aside.

Seriously, what does it have to do with REMF??!

You're clearly on the wind-up but, as I have no idea who you are, or what you are going on about, your opinion - which is clearly very important to you - isn't going to result in me getting wound up on this occasion.

Thanks for having an unfounded and unnecessary pop though.

You know EXACTLY what you're doing mate. Exactly the same as Timmy does.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Gary Hart, not even worth a jock strap let alone a set of TRACKSUITS, god knows how he got so many contracts at the Albion

Yeah l do know what your are saying Enrest, he was a trier, and in his first couple of seasons had pace, but that was about it.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Richard Tiltman for me, the decision to move one Dean Saunders out wide and replace him at center forward with RT still baffles me to this day

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
You know EXACTLY what you're doing mate. Exactly the same as Timmy does.

I write for a living, and have done for over 15 years.

My articles are meant to be fillers. Sometimes nostalgic, sometimes quirky, and sometimes - in some people's opinions - shit.

They are written for a weekly newspaper - i.e. online isn't the priority - so have to be a certain type of material.

If you don't like them, fine, I can live with that. Football is, after all, all about opinions, and it's all the better for it.

I don't need to justify myself to a panting keyboard warrior so I will bid you good day.

But, I politely suggest you cease spouting off rubbish about me, and who I work for, on a public forum, forthwith. Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports