Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst Albion striker?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Daniel Webb was just awful. He must have had some serious dirt on Peter Taylor to keep getting picked.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Cameron gets my vote. Though Holroyd and McPhee weren't great.

Gatting too.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Article blew it by randomly including Leon Knight in the 'worst' paragraph at the end.

Leon Knight
He's alright :thumbsup:

And was a bloody good fox in the box, when allowed to play there.

You mean the bit where it says:

"Then there’s Leon Knight. An undoubted talent but a very disruptive influence. He can now be found plying his trade at Barnton, level ten of the football pyramid."

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stafford Browne for me. Richie Barker was ****ing awful in his first season with us as well. However, a full summer/pre season with the fitness coach turned him into a very handy 4th division striker.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Another vote for Richard Tiltman, who was so woeful that he acquired his own ironic song of Dick, Dick, Super Dickie Tiltman.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Those who have suggested any other names bar Tiltman or Farrington obviously never saw them play.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Knight was an awful influence on his team-mates, thus negating his obvious qualities on the pitch.

His attitude stank to high heaven.

Complex character. In no way does that qualify him for inclusion in 'worst Albion striker' list. Don't recall many complaining about his attitude at the Millenium Stadium.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Complex character. In no way does that qualify him for inclusion in 'worst Albion striker' list. Don't recall many complaining about his attitude at the Millenium Stadium.

As proven by the scores of appalling strikers on this thread, the article clearly isn't a list of bad strikers - only a few are mentioned.

Knight scored goals, but caused a multitude of problems off the pitch.

The headline states: 'The Good, The Bad, and The...'

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Dirk Lehmann

My god he was awful, and managed to achieve a level of ineptitude in a very good team for that division, which some of the other names mentioned weren't blessed with.

I would also throw in the name of Federico Turienzo. Perhaps more for the sheer disappointment following my high hopes of a flairmeister pioneer being crushed by the realisation that he was in fact a bit pants.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As proven by the scores of appalling strikers on this thread, the article clearly isn't a list of bad strikers - only a few are mentioned.

Knight scored goals, but caused a multitude of problems off the pitch.

The headline states: 'The Good, The Bad, and The...'

Was responding to the thread title, rather than the article. Tho the article is plenty sloppy filler, has to be said, with Leon Knight just bunged in as an afterthought. C- for the article.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Seen some duff ones, but Barndoor Paynter or Leon Best properly the worst two strikers ive seen.
I have been a brighton fan since Goldstone and Priestfield days and been some bad strikers but these two lacked anything, no effort, no skill, generally just two useless players

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All the votes for Tilts irritate me a bit, he was playing at the same level we are now, and actually scored the same number of league goals as O'Grady (last season) and more than Best and Paynter did, not to mention that donkey from Spurs - name escapes me. He basically suffered for being seen as Saunders replacement, who clearly he was nowhere near as good as, he was still relatively young as well.

Do people seriously believe that when we were in league 2 the quality was better? Mahoney-Johnson and Stafford Browne for me .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here