Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst Albion striker?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Were it not for his legendary strike 12 seconds into his debut v Reading, one would be inclined to include Maheta Molango in that Roll of Dishonour.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's probably a generational question so hard to get a consensus I imagine.

Personally, I remember McPhee, Holroyd and McCammon all being particularly awful, with Holroyd probably being the worst.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Some selected stats (although they don't really answer the question):

Mark Farrington: 4 goals in 33 apps
Chris McPhee: 9 goals in 69 apps
David Cameron: 0 goals in 22 apps
Phil Stant: 1 goal in 9 apps
Mahoney-Johnson: 0 goals in 4 apps (plus, trivia fans, the longest surname in Albion history)
Holroyd: 0 in 18
Webb: 1 in 16
Adekola: 0 in 1
Hilton: 0 in 5
Tiltman: 1 in 16 (cf Saunders 24 in 86...)

If I wasn't busy at work (just taking 10 mins off), I'd compile all the stats for our forwards - maybe some other time.....

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Article blew it by randomly including Leon Knight in the 'worst' paragraph at the end.

Leon Knight
He's alright :thumbsup:

And was a bloody good fox in the box, when allowed to play there.

Depends if we're talking about ability or attitude. Knight would take my vote for the worst player award in regards to attitude. Abilitywise, Dirk Lehmann I think was one our worst strikers, but there have been a few shockers.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
David Cameron and Mark Farrington have already been mentioned but I'll add Nathan Elder to the list. I recall his last game was a Paint Pot Trophy affair and he came on as a sub and ended up tripping over the ball with an empty net. He had all the skills of Sandaza but without the finesse.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Michael Mahoney Johnson takes some some beating but as a side note he has a very large house brought from his earnings from his football days and now woks as a Cargo man for BA at LHR I think definitely between him and Mark Farrignton taking into account he was a big money signing from Holland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here