Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your World Cup 2nd team?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
The Socceroos have even less chance of progressing from the group stage than England so I will be able to enjoy the knockout phase in a totally relaxed (albeit inconveniently timed) manner....

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Spain, a very very close second team, but always England if we meet. Half Spanish.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
definantly not France,I get enough stick over the rugby as it is

always enjoy watching Mexico in the finals

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
France were always my other country to support as a kid as they were usually a really great team to watch.

They've just become so difficult to like over recent years, though. This time some of the worst offenders (Nasri, Menez, Anelka) aren't there so I've got a feeling things will go much better.

Otherwise, Belgium should be intriguing.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
This year it will probably be Belgium, they have some great players and should be some entertaining games. I will likely be putting a couple of quid on them to win it and Lukaku to be top scorer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Spain - play football the right way

Australia - nice to cheer on an underdog

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Chile for me, to copy something I've posted elsewhere;

'Ok, they're not going to win the cup but they can be such a good team to watch.

Thanks to the genius of their former manager (Marcelo Bielsa) they transformed from no-ones into arguably the third best South American team, playing a high pressure game focused on quick attacking...if it wasn't for actually being English I'd probably be supporting them.'

longmanofwilmington

Apr 25, 2014
Holland, although I lost a bit of passion for them after the last world cup final. Still once you've settled on a second international team you can't change it right?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Croatia which is where my father is from.

I also have a soft spot for Mexico.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This WC, it's South Korea, because I got them in the NSC sweepstake. C'mon you, errrr, I don't know anything about them. Park, right, or has he retired?

Traditionally, I've always had a soft spot for Mexico.

dan4bha

Mar 27, 2014
Algeria
Chile
Greece
Honduras

the 4 teams I have this year in sweepstakes (couldn't have got much more unlucky)

SAC

May 21, 2014
Italy are my 2nd international team as I travel there most years and have friends there. It used to be Spain but they are too good and often play boring football (I realise this is subjective). I quite like Germany as they play a similar style of football to us (England) only lots better.

It will probably change as the WC goes on though when players start cheating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here