Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Your wildest celebration for a goal?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Don't know about the wildest (probably Hereford for simply totally losing it like at no other time), but the furthest distance between where I was standing when the shot was struck, and where I ended up once the celebrations died down was Jimmy Case at Highbury.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Has to be this, Although it's run mighty close by Zamora's winner away at Peterborough (in a game he was supposed to be injured for, and had already missed a penalty in the first half) to secure promotion to the Championship.

Good shout I was at that one too.:clap:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Chippy away at Swindon in the play offs or Virgs equaliser in the home leg we’re pretty mental!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Has to be Hereford. I literally started seeing stars when that went in, and felt like I was on the point of blacking out. Completely and utterly lost my shit.

Ditto………..marvellous scenes

Although bizarrely, I remember celebrating an equaliser away at Rochdale on a Tuesday night 20 years ago (Carpenter special) with equal gusto and ended up on my backside a few rows down from my seat! :ohmy:

P.S. ANY goal away at Peterborough always ended in a tremendous bundle...thanks Bobby for the memories!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I went total LIMBS at Forest. But forgot I had a frozen shoulder. The most painful celebration I've ever taken part in.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Bolton away in the cup

Those that were there will know

Was that a 2-1 defeat over 25plus years ago at their old ground where you couldn't see the corner flag because of the building/supermarket in the way? Or another game you are referring to? All I remember is a bloody long trek up there on a coach and Albion fans have a pop at each other at halftime because we were so pants!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Same for me, was at the front of the North and remember us all running onto the pitch going crazy. Still amazes me how he got that in from close to the left touchline with his left foot

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep. One minute I was at the front of the North to the left of the goal and the next minute I was on the half way line :whistle:

The Fulham and QPR ones from the promotion season already posted on here were the best of the all seater era for me.

Then there was a totally random one at Rotherham. Codner got the only goal of the game at our end. There were about 150 there on a big, empty away terrace. I did a whole lap of it in celebration - mind you we'd been on the 20/20 since early doors.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Not a particularly massive moment, but ended up facing the wrong way, lying on the floor about 4 rows forward from where I started when Crofts scored the 3rd away at Southampton in Poyet's first game. Might have had something to do with having been on the lash at the Ireland game in Dublin all weekend and having gone straight there from the airport.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Games I’ve been present at I’d say Ulloa at Forest, McShane at Palace and the play off Final

Games not at - I went randomly mental in a pub in Cheltenham when we scored the second at home to Arsenal a few years back.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Has to be Hereford. I literally started seeing stars when that went in, and felt like I was on the point of blacking out. Completely and utterly lost my shit.

You shat yourself when that went in? I was filling my pants at half time but i felt pretty relieved when we scored

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

I spent the whole game in a trance, completely sick to the stomach... Apparently (I don’t remember anything) I was at the back of the stand after the final whistle, just hammering the metal stand - I think a complete outpouring of relief, for months of hell thinking we may not have a club to support anymore...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Storers vs Donkey-star at home was pretty mental, we could have been dead that day had it not happened. and Reinelt at Hereford stand out, for obvious reasons. One really did let rip. . . Survival brings out more emotion than merely just winning stuff that doesn't really matter.

One goal In recent years was so,good, I shouted and leapt high and hard, despite only being witnessed at home on TV, the wife had a heart tremor, my son shat himeslef and the neighbours popped round to check Everything was ok. Possibly Andone vs Palarse.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Correct. It’s just a stupid thread really. It should be entitled ‘Apart from Hereford,....’

I know Brighton fans who weren’t even there that broke bones celebrating back in Sussex. That’s how mental an occasion it was when when Robbie scored. As for those of us at Edgar Street, as you say, it was a life threatening celebration the like of which I’ve never witnessed before or since. Mayhem, total and utter primeval madness. There must still be fans deemed missing in action that day, I don’t believe everyone came home, we must have lost a few that’s how big a goal it was.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Great thread!

Two stand out for me. Buckley winner against Donny Rovers. And a bit of a wildcard because the game ended in tears (I sobbed in my hotel room afterwards) but Dunky's equaliser in the first leg of the play-off semi-final against Sheff Weds. 20 minutes of wall-to-wall, deafening noise, Albion getting closer and closer to putting the ball in the back of the net, and then bam, Dunk does it and the belief of promotion returned. I went mental, had my arm round a total stranger. Turned round and a bloke was on his chair celebrating in the North Stand. Wonderful scenes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep. One minute I was at the front of the North to the left of the goal and the next minute I was on the half way line :whistle:

The Fulham and QPR ones from the promotion season already posted on here were the best of the all seater era for me.

Then there was a totally random one at Rotherham. Codner got the only goal of the game at our end. There were about 150 there on a big, empty away terrace. I did a whole lap of it in celebration - mind you we'd been on the 20/20 since early doors.

I came on the pitch to celebrate afterwards. :whistle:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Correct. It’s just a stupid thread really. It should be entitled ‘Apart from Hereford,....’

I know Brighton fans who weren’t even there that broke bones celebrating back in Sussex. That’s how mental an occasion it was when when Robbie scored. As for those of us at Edgar Street, as you say, it was a life threatening celebration the like of which I’ve never witnessed before or since. Mayhem, total and utter primeval madness. There must still be fans deemed missing in action that day, I don’t believe everyone came home, we must have lost a few that’s how big a goal it was.

Well put. I think they call it LIMBS these days.

Anyway, its not a stupid thread. Its awoken memories of many goals I witnessed and went batshit mental at. Hereford will always be the most important goal in the history of BHA, that goes without saying and its what I instantly recalled when I saw the thread. But I've certainly seen stars since then at certain goals. I get these little bright sparkly blobs in front of my eyes sometimes, and go a little light-headed. I've never taken LSD, but I guess its along those lines - a rapid rush of adrenaline in the veins, a gutteral "YYYESSSSS" being exhaled whilst leaping around like a loon. It certainly happened v Massive in the Playoffs at the Amex when we got that goal back.

But Hereford. Bloody hell.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Hereford, others don’t get near that one. It was a strange one as I was so angry up
Until we scored, then celebrated like I have before, was exhausting celebrating, then felt the most stress I have ever felt in my life for the last 20 odds minutes. Good shouts for Cup semi, Newcastle away, McShane, Buckley etc, but Robbie’s strike was more than just a goal grabbing a point in a shabby stadium in egg box hills countryside, it was epic and as someone said a response to Archer and Bellotti and gave us some hope that we still have a football team to support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Hereford one was far too nerve wracking for me to go completely batshit mental. I was up in the seats and yeah, I went a bit bananas when we scored, but the pressure was still too much to lose it completely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here