Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Your wildest celebration for a goal?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Most recently, Knocky at Palace. Bruised for a week after piling over the seats and down the steps. Too old for that kind of shit really.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Two last minute headers, both at Withdean

- Adam Virgo v Swindon Town
- Lee Steele v Bristol City

There's been many more crucial goals, obviously, but these two are forever etched in the mind

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
3rd place Zamora exquisite chip vs Bury
2nd place Zamora winner at Leeds
1st place Knight pen at the Millennium. Voice gone for days after that one.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I can think of 3 that I've totally lost it for

Virgo v Swindon (was sat with John Howard, Brian's brother who was playing for Swindon that day)

Ulloa v Forest (literally ran laps of the pub)

Buckley v Doncaster - the raw emotion that poured out of everyone in that stadium was a joy to behold.

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
I think March's goal against Millwall in the cup and Andone's goal against Palace both made me light headed after using up all of my scream.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It would have been a goal during our first season playing at pissfilled. Although I was over 40 by then, I'd never been an animated supporter. Something changed. Games had started to get to me. I can remember after more than one vital goal (but not too many more than one...because there weren't) a rush of blood to the head, and me tearing up and down the stairs in the middle of the Gordon Road stand, bellowing like an oaf, eyes bulging, heart rate 120, then having to search for my hat that had been flung skyward. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has a photo of me in that hat somewhere (was published in Scars and Stripes). I have no idea what that goal was, but back then, any goal was of vital importance as we were much much shitter than the season before when we survived on the last day. We were so shit that completing three passes at some point during a game was unusually good. Geoff Minton was a virtual Pele compared with the other statues. After that I started a period of determined away following. Always the same faces appeared, at Mansfield, Chester, Rotherham, Tranmere, Carlisle, Exeter, Torquay, Hull, Wrexham etc. And yes, it was PotG. The trudge round the country of the grimly determined.

I'm the opposite of a glory hunter. I am highly attuned to what might go wrong (having courted disaster as Brighton supporters and in my wider life), and my first objective always is to feel secure, so I would always let rip more when we've staved off disaster than when we get a bit of glory. I enjoy glory - but it makes me feel serene. It will be a long time before I ever lose my shit again like I lost it at Gillingham.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Has to be Hereford. I literally started seeing stars when that went in, and felt like I was on the point of blacking out. Completely and utterly lost my shit.
Has to be. I was watching from the covered terrace. Next thing I know I am in the melee behind the goal. No recollection of getting there.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Top Three

1: Stuart Stoooooooooorrreeeeer v Doncaster - The final goal at The Goldstone
2: Paul Mcshane v Palarse.
3: Will Buckley v Doncaster - The Return to Sussex.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The 2 goals I celebrated LEAST were:-

Total and utter disbelief.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For Ali's, I think I just put my hands on my head. Couldn't speak (I also sit pretty much level with where he hit it from).

For Jiri's all I could do was stand there and repeatedly say:-

"oh my god"
"oh my god"
"oh my god"

Not exactly an unbridled release of celebration.

Zamo25

May 16, 2019
1 - Swindon Playoff Semi final - Virgo/Withdean

2 - Hartlepool Away - Bas Savage Last Minute

3 - Arsenal Away - Maupay 2-1 this season

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For Jiri's all I could do was stand there and repeatedly say:-

"oh my god"
"oh my god"
"oh my god"

Not exactly an unbridled release of celebration.

I still think that Skalak goal is the greatest one ever scored at the Amex.

Vicente's effort that hit the bar v Derby WOULD have taken that particular title, but Skalaks blaster still reigns supreme IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here