Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Top Three British Films

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The English Patient - Kristin Scott Thomas got her bush out.

Dead Man's shoes - Proper grit and no sugar. The best domestic stand off.

Brazil - Proper different.

In reserve, 4 Lions if Brazil is foreign.

I had to look Brazil up and none the wiser. Some say USA backed some UK.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have you not seen the 'alternative' version. :) yes alright I meant Alex but was typing on my early morning bus journey. As for the great escape, yes I know it is a yank film but with such good British actors all through it and it being mainly about British airmen, I want to claim it.

I am not taking the credit for pointing out your mistakes:lolol:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
1. Lawrence of Arabia.
2. Kes
3. Saturday Night, Sunday Morning

Am I allowed one more?
4. Zulu

Excellent choices. Well done for squeezing in Zulu

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I'd definitely have Colonel Blimp in there. And probably Black Narcissus. And if we're to make it a Powell and Pressburger triple-bill, which is entirely feasible, in spite of knocking out the earlier Hitchcock fare and the usually telling Mike Leigh canon and the dark comicality of the Ealing Classics, then it'd have to be A Matter of Life and Death. The expertly intertwined phantasmagorical and emotionally rich work of P&P just about win it over. Legends.

Totally this.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Mean Machine with Vinnie Jones is very good until the last half hour of it. Predictably the convicts beat the prison staff in a football match which stops it being as great as Lock Stock.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Mean Machine with Vinnie Jones is very good until the last half hour of it. Predictably the convicts beat the prison staff which stops it being as great as Lock Stock.
Did you spot the Albion badge on the prison guvs office wall?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yeah! Nice touch. It was made around 2001 so the early days of Withdean and winning the League Two title.

The same actor Ralph Brown, had an Albion shirt on in Up 'n' Under a film about rugby, I did a double take when I saw that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here