Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Top 3 most seen live acts

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not sure how many times I've seen them nor in which order but my top 3 would be:

The Fall
Nick Cave (in various guises)
Depeche Mode

I did see the Sugarcubes at almost every gig on their tour following their first album too.

I've seen BSP at least 7 or 8 times as well but once was supporting the Fall and another very recently supporting Daniel Johnston where they renamed themselves Texan Sea Power.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Bon Jovi loads of times but then Queen, Def Lep, Whitesnake, Rush, Thin Lizzy and AC/DC probably share second spot with 4 times each

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Mines not too different Frank:

Punter
Ramones
Nick Cave
Psychedelic Furs/Echo & Bunnymen

Work
U2
Rolling Stones
Alien Sex Fiend !!.

And to answer Psychobilly, yep used to go to Klubfoot every now & then - as a side note have you been to the Stay Sick nights at the Concorde yet?
Very envious of this list, The Clash 25 - 30 times ! Lucky bugger.

Mine
As a punter
Ramones x 12
Nick Cave, Birthday Party, Grinderman
Spear of Destiny

Through work
Ash
Gene
PJ Harvey
REM

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Michael Franti and Spearhead x 8 (Excellent Band, Recommended)
Rolling Stones x 5
Peter and the Test Tubes x God Knows How Many Times (Showing Age!!)

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
And I Know it was Peter and the Test Tube Babies but if you were "Cool" it was just Peter and the Test Tubes.............. I was cool at one time tho my daughter would disagree

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fatboy Slim 19 times
Damon Albarn 11 times (blur 6 times, Gorillaz 2 times, TGTBTQ 1 time plus both operas)
Gruff/SFA/Neon Neon 9 times.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This Autumn you say? Marvellous.

We had tickets to see Arcade Fire last time they were here - in London. Then it snowed, and we couldn't get out of Brighton. Bummer.

I had the opposite problem. I saw the gig but got stuck in London on a train over night. Ended up hiring a car from Victoria at 10am the next morning and driving home to Hove in the end.

Looking forward to the new AF album as I love the band and its produced by James Murphy who I also love.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Clash (between 25 and 30 times)
Super Furry Animals (over 20 - catching up...)
Gil Scott-Heron(approaching 20, but won't see him again :down:)

Wow. I never saw The Clash although I have seen all 4 members perform separately: Terry Chimes in The Cherry Bombs, Joe as a solo artist, Paul in TGTBTQ and Mick doing the half-time tombola at Loftus Road a New Year's Day about 10 years ago. Does this count?

I will overlook the fact I subsequently saw Mick with Gorrilaz as it ruins my story.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Wow. I never saw The Clash although I have seen all 4 members perform separately: Terry Chimes in The Cherry Bombs, Joe as a solo artist, Paul in TGTBTQ and Mick doing the half-time tombola at Loftus Road a New Year's Day about 10 years ago. Does this count?

I will overlook the fact I subsequently saw Mick with Gorrilaz as it ruins my story.

Mick doing the Tombola? brilliant, would love to have seen that. Pete Doherty is an Rs fan too, I believe, I wonder if that's how he got Mick involved in The Libertines?

Seeing Mick and Paul with Gorillaz a couple of years ago, framing Damon Albarn as they used to frame Joe, was quite emotional.

I also saw Joe solo four times and Big Audio Dynamite about 10 times. And if we're counting Gruff and Neon Neon with SFA they could be vying for first place with The Clash.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Very envious of this list, The Clash 25 - 30 times ! Lucky bugger.

Mine
As a punter
Ramones x 12
Nick Cave, Birthday Party, Grinderman
Spear of Destiny

Through work
Ash
Gene
PJ Harvey
REM

Yep, I was a bit obsessed with The Clash in my younger years. But I only saw The Ramones twice, so my envy comes right back at yer!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Clash (between 25 and 30 times)
Super Furry Animals (over 20 - catching up...)
Gil Scott-Heron(approaching 20, but won't see him again :down:)

Very impressed with the GSH gigs. I got into him way too late and sadly only saw him once. Bestival a few years ago on a Saturday afternoon. It was completely inappropriate as he should have been in a tent late at night, him a piano and a more intimate ambience. My eldest son (then 11) cried when he heard of his death. :(

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Very impressed with the GSH gigs. I got into him way too late and sadly only saw him once. Bestival a few years ago on a Saturday afternoon. It was completely inappropriate as he should have been in a tent late at night, him a piano and a more intimate ambience. My eldest son (then 11) cried when he heard of his death. :(

So did I :(

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And I Know it was Peter and the Test Tube Babies but if you were "Cool" it was just Peter and the Test Tubes.............. I was cool at one time tho my daughter would disagree

The best band to come out of er..... Peacehaven!
Peacehaven wild kids my @rse, they made Peacehaven sound like Whitehawk, lyrics are worth a look.:lol:

Saw them at the Top Rank Brighton approx 79 as a support band to The Damned I think.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Caribou I've seen the most - I got kind of obsessed with 'Swim' and ended up seeing them about 7 times on that tour - every time was amazing.

Others are probably Deerhunter, Low, The Flaming Lips. But all probably about 4 or 5 times - nothing massive!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here