Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Top 3 most seen live acts

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Queen - Wembley
Eminem - Abu Dhabi
U2 - Basel

If it was 5, I would have added The Jam(final concert) - Brighton and the Clash - Brighton

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Babyshambles is my most non-seen band, since they've been booked to play at 4 festivals I've been at, and PD has failed to show up every time.

Most disappointing no-show for me was Thin White Rope when they cancelled their Southampton Joiners Arms gig due to poor ticket sales on The Ruby Sea tour, which turned out to be their last. Never did get to see them therefore, still gutted to this day.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
First two are easy:
Genesis
Martha Tilston

After that, I'm not sure. Possibly Rush, possibly 10cc, could even be Peter Gabriel.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Blur 1990 at The West End Centre Aldershot in front of 150 people marvellous scenes

Saw James Yorkston (probably my 5th most seen act) in front of about 50 people at that venue. I spoke to him at a later gig about it and he didn't even remember the show, the big pish'ead.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
double figures for The Wedding Present, Mark Eitzel and Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
In order:

Iron Maiden (O2 last month made it 18)

Was having a discussion with someone about Iron Maiden just last Sunday. Saw them 6 times in 1980 (and 81), all with Paul Di'anno on vocals. I thought they were vaguely edgy back then as Di'anno's leather, denim and short hair (and alcoholism) image balanced out the spandex loon pants and poodle hair, which i always thought was w*nk. Lost interest when Dickinson arrived as there was no balance any more.

My claim to fame is I appeared on an Iron Maiden record before Bruce Dickinson (I was at the Marquee when they recorded Drifter for the B-side of Sanctuary).

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Motorhead by far and away the most watched, must be 35+ times now.
*Then probably Saxon & Metallica.

*truthfully it is Gary Glitter for the second most, but I guess that shouldn't count.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hawkwind (!)

Motorhead

ZZ Top.

Seen all of 'em heaps of times.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A lot of mine is just too embarassing

4 Times - Paul Young (once on his own, once supporting Genesis, once at Live Aid, once as part of a Here & Now gig) - so I only really went to see him once :facepalm:
3 Times - Spandau Ballet (2 were a girl thing and once because they were at Live Aid)/Phil Collins (1 live aid 1 genesis 1 solo)
2 Times - Queen/Status Quo (once supporting Queen once at Live Aid)/Ultravox/Marillion/Depeche Mode

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here