Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Three Must-Go-To Away Trips Next Season

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Newcastle really isnt 'sh*t'. People giving this a swerve are really missing out IMHO. Okay there is a bit of a climb but the view isnt that bad, you can see all of the pitch unlike at some places like Everton, Palace, Burnley or Liverpool. Don't be to hasty to disregard a trip to St.James' Park. And the options for beers are astonishing.

Agreed. View is fine for a change (I watch most matches from low down in the stands). Good concourse. Brilliant city for a night out. Great parkrun around the town moor on Saturday morning. Friendly locals. Not expensive relative to the SE. All in all a very decent weekend option IMHO.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
On one hand it could be Bath,Weymouth and Chippenham .On the other it could be Barrow,Stockport and Notts County . Either way i'll end up doing most of them . Days out ruined by 90 minutes in the middle:lolol:

When do Shots find out about which league branch they are in ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Genuinely amazed at the amount of fans who haven’t been to Bramall Lane. The 2-1 away win, last minute goal by Leon Knight and comedy own goal by Kerry Mayo was one of my favourite away days so far. Also when away fans were in both lower and upper tiers, but we were pretty crap then so only had the upper tier. Great scenes.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Norwich maybe we will get another Free pie from Delia
Spurs & Wednesday as did not make it last season

Up the MASSIVE

ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u2.png

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Appreciate all the votes for Spurs.
I renewed again (£1200) had to really after this season!

For me.
Brighton - easiest to get to and always a good day out.
Woolwich - on the off-chance we actually win there.
West Ham - they really hate us so makes for an old school atmosphere.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Norwich - my sister and nephew support them, plus they always come to the Amex games v Norwich (still have to mention 5-0 occasionally)
Sheff Utd - combine with a holiday in Yorkshire hopefully
Third game - will decide when I see where fixtures fall.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm only on two:

Sheffield United
Norwich

Not, because they're new - I've been to both a fair few times - but they just feel like proper games to go to. Dare I say it, a bit Championship-y.

If it turns out that Potter "goes for it" then add one of Man City and Liverpool to that to complete my three.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Anywhere I can get a ticket! Hopefully the third season will see a few more available to us further down the food chain

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Liverpool know how to do pre-match entertainment outside the ground, although the food and drink isn't cheap.
But for me a return to Burton in the cup (both FA the other one) for a weekend of drinking.
And Chelsea for the pre-match 'happy hour' on drinks. Staff seem to have no idea about prices and quantity and just keep filling pint glasses.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I’ve been to Norwich once on a cold Tuesday night in 1989 in the Zenith Data Systems cup.

Robert Rosario scored a hat trick and we lost 5-0.

It’s a crappy, dated ground and one i wouldn’t recommend.

People are weird in those parts aswell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Newcastle, a great party city, and a good excuse for a weekend away.

Everton, a place where we have played on only a few occasions, and because if l was a Liverpudlian that's who l would watch, not that fancy lot across Stanley Park.

Arsenal, because back in my distant youth, l was in fact, a bit of a Gooner. (it's ok though, l saw the light long ago).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’ve been to Norwich once on a cold Tuesday night in 1989 in the Zenith Data Systems cup.

Robert Rosario scored a hat trick and we lost 5-0.

It’s a crappy, dated ground and one i wouldn’t recommend.

People are weird in those parts aswell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird indeed. Delia Smith, Ed Balls, and Stephen Fry, what a trio.

el punal

Can I take this opportunity, away from the stigma of asking nearer game time, to ask about traveling away.

Now he's 14 (15 during the season) and Lil Miss Stat is now otherwise occupied, I'd like us to start going to away games, preferably by train definitely on the cheap.

There doesn't seem to be a railcard that I could use to take the edge off.
I understand booking early is my friend, which is the best site?

Any general help from our away posse would be appreciated.

Hopefully I can help you with a few tips regarding away days on the train. Having done an average of around 12 away games per season I’ve learnt a few lessons - good and bad!

Firstly, have you applied for a rail card for you and Lil Miss Stat? Try friends&family, or, two together as examples. Whatever, go on the National Rail site for information and what suits you. Generally speaking you’ll get a third off ticket prices for off peak travel with a railcard.

Secondly, try researching ticket offers with the relevant train companies for your journey. You can save absolute oodles of dosh. Obviously the earlier you book on-line the better the deal. Don’t try booking your whole journey with one source i.e. trainline - it’s more convenient but you won’t necessarily get the discounts on offer. One journey, as an example, I did last year was Burnley away. From Southampton (where I live) I blagged special advance single fare to Waterloo for £7.00, and a single Waterloo - Southampton fare for £8.00 on South Western Railway. Then, Oyster card to use the tube to Euston. From Euston to Preston with Virgin got a deal for £15.60 going up and £17.90 coming back. Finally, another deal with Northern Rail for Preston to Burnley -return for £5.60.

Long winded I know, but I reckoned I’d saved something like £70.00 against standard fares. Well worth the hassle I’d say. Hope this helps.

Sheffield United - new ground
Burnley - What's not to like about time travel back to the 1950s and wooden seats
Newcastle United - I'm already in training for the climb to the away section in case it's one of the early games

Burnley have ripped out the wooden seats this pre-season. You'll have a nice new shiny plastic seat bolted to the same old shitty stand.

Done them all now so hoping for some FA Cup variety like Salford (only one of the 92 left to do) or another club the Albion have yet to visit like Fleetwood, Morecambe, Forest Green, Newport. However, with an eye on games we know of:
1 - Austria (pre-season) - Bit of a cheat picking a pre-season game, but the trips abroad are always a season highlight even if the games mean nowt.
2 - Sheffield - Proper ground close to the city centre where you have great pubs in abundance.
3 - Newcastle - Great place to visit and a good excuse to visit family up that way.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Sheffield United (then I'll be back to a full set of PL Grounds). And will be nice going to Sheffield without visiting that poxy massive club.

Liverpool, going for the weekend with my great mates so hopefully it will not be mid feckin week.

Spurs, to drool over that lovely stadium again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here