Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your team to get past Wolves

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be honest I don’t think we can win the FA Cup. I just don’t see anyone beating Man City.

I would rather prioritise the league over the FA Cup and try and get back into Europe next season.
It is all about the draw isn't it.

You say no-one can beat them, but its not true, is it? They've lost this season to Wolves, Newcastle (Cup), Villa and Arsenal. Sodding Palace scabbed a draw at the Etihad.

The perfect QF draw pairs City with Liverpool, and gets one of them out of the way. Then you're only looking for one real upset from somewhere, for a route to a club like Villa, Wolves or Brighton having a real chance.

Interesting that the QF draw is BEFORE the games tonight (which is a really shitty idea btw). Who our potential QF opponents are will very much influence everyone's hopes of ultimate success.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
My Main worry is keeping RDZ. YOu cannot tell me he doesn't look at other managers who also have injuries to deal with but have a much larger squad, with envy.
But on some level me must know that any club, even Liverpool, City, Arsenal, if they had 10 first team squad unavailable the options would look threadbare

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

You say no-one can beat them, but its not true, is it? They've lost this season to Wolves, Newcastle (Cup), Villa and Arsenal. Sodding Palace scabbed a draw at the Etihad.

I just think with the number of injuries to our top players, plus the fact we're trying to maintain a run in the Europa, getting a win at the Etihad in the cup would have to rank as the most impressive result in the clubs history. A truly massive ask.

Interesting that the QF draw is BEFORE the games tonight (which is a really shitty idea btw). Who our potential QF opponents are will very much influence everyone's hopes of ultimate success.
It is a terrible idea.

But if it's Coventry at home, that makes the match even more exciting.

If it's City away, let's just say, we may see a drop in intensity

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just think with the number of injuries to our top players, plus the fact we're trying to maintain a run in the Europa, getting a win at the Etihad in the cup would have to rank as the most impressive result in the clubs history. A truly massive ask.
Absolutely. But WE don't need to beat Manchester City to win the FA Cup. We just need SOMEBODY to beat Manchester City.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

The perfect QF draw pairs City with Liverpool, and gets one of them out of the way. Then you're only looking for one real upset from somewhere, for a route to a club like Villa, Wolves or Brighton having a real chance.

I know what you are saying but City at this time of the season are unrelenting.

If we can beat Fulham and assume United lose to city we are in touching distance to 6th especially with them still to come to the Amex.

Ideally I would love to focus on them all but injuries have squashed that.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I know what you are saying but City at this time of the season are unrelenting.
I think it's less about what they have done in previous seasons and more about the fact that they basically have their entire first team squad available for selection. Only Gvardiol is doubtful for the coming games. This means they can go full throttle at in all comps.

I look at Liverpool and think that this wouldn't be the worst time to draw them. Once the euphoria wears off from their cup win, they are going to look at their fixtures and realise that they are going to have to prioritise. This gives us a chance, though i'd still make them favourites home or away, but might be a comparable difficulty tie to Newcastle or Chelsea and maybe easier than Man U or Villa

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Steele
Webster JPVH Dunk
Lamptey Baleba Gross Pervis
Buonanotte Fati Moder

Bench:

Zeebrugge, Offiah, Adingra, Lallana, Enciso, Barco, Baker-Boaitey, Peupion, Hinchy.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Steele
Webster JPVH Dunk
Lamptey Baleba Gross Pervis
Buonanotte Fati Moder

Bench:

Zeebrugge, Offiah, Adingra, Lallana, Enciso, Barco, Baker-Boaitey, Peupion, Hinchy.
Hinchy may struggle to play for us tonight, although the trip from Shrewsbury where he is on loan is not too far, so I guess he might pop along.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I can see him playing both Moder and Baleba alongside Gross tonight, with Lamptey and Adringa out wide.
Our lack of striking options will surely mean that O'Mahony will get some minutes, probably from the bench.
Given that Lallana is never going to play the 90 either, I would think Fati and Facu will start up front.
Naylor has confirmed that Enciso won't play more than 30 minutes, but that in itself is problematic, given the chance of extra time.
Therefore in a close game, it is unlikely he comes on until the very end of the second half.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’d have no worries about Mark O’Mahony stepping up if required, his hold up play is strong as is his finishing. He could be used to wind the clock down to allow Enciso and Fati to come on later given their lack of match fitness.

Verbruggen
Hecke-Dunk-Igor
Lamptey-Groß-Baleba-Estupinan
Lallana-Buonanotte
O’Mahony
Subs: Steele, Welbeck, Enciso, Moder, Fati, Webster, Boaitey, Adingra, Barco.

That still looks like a competitive team with subs for most position.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I’d have no worries about Mark O’Mahony stepping up if required, his hold up play is strong as is his finishing. He could be used to wind the clock down to allow Enciso and Fati to come on later given their lack of match fitness.
OK, but a strength in PL2 might not be a strength when he has Kilman and Dawson crashing into the back of him. You see the rough treatment that Ferguson gets. O'Mahony on debut would get worse.

Not saying don't put him on the pitch. We just need to temper our expectations of a young striker for a change

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Tell me you didn't watch the U23s PL International Cup game on Friday night, without telling me...
No I didn’t but I’ve watched him live in all of the Bristol Motor matches for the last couple of years and he’s always impressed me with his strong hold up play and good finishing. He is young, raw, inexperienced and all the rest but he looks to me that he would do a decent job in the “striker emergency“ that we currently find ourselves in with Pedro, Ferguson and possibly Welbeck unable to play.

Just my opinion though obvz.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No I didn’t but I’ve watched him live in all of the Bristol Motor matches for the last couple of years and he’s always impressed me with his strong hold up play and good finishing. He is young, raw, inexperienced and all the rest but he looks to me that he would do a decent job in the “striker emergency“ that we currently find ourselves in with Pedro, Ferguson and possibly Welbeck unable to play.

Just my opinion though obvz.
I was only messing. I've seen a fair bit of him, and think he looks an excellent prospect.

(He did miss an absolute HOWLER on Friday though!)

I think it's less about what they have done in previous seasons and more about the fact that they basically have their entire first team squad available for selection. Only Gvardiol is doubtful for the coming games. This means they can go full throttle at in all comps.

I look at Liverpool and think that this wouldn't be the worst time to draw them. Once the euphoria wears off from their cup win, they are going to look at their fixtures and realise that they are going to have to prioritise. This gives us a chance, though i'd still make them favourites home or away, but might be a comparable difficulty tie to Newcastle or Chelsea and maybe easier than Man U or Villa
Also they've created a bit of a rod for themselves with their euphoria, they will have to involve these youngsters again in the next round, it's a better opportunity for others

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Steele
Veltman Van Hecke Dunk Estupinan
Gross Moder
Adingra Fati Lamptey
Ferguson
Hoping (and expecting) De Zerbi will play the best available.
Not convinced Wlebz can start 3 in 8 days, so Ferguson probably gets in.
Although Fati with Buonanotte behind him, might be fun too.

Personally I would rather give Moder the WBG vacancy over Baleba, but not precious about it, and will trust De Zerbi's view.
If Mitoma is fit he should play and rest Lamptey,
Ferguson, Veltman and Welbs all injured :( :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here