Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your starting striker on Saturday for Derby.

What striker would you play on Saturday?

• CMS

Votes: 60 30.8%
  • Hoskins

Votes: 126 64.6%
  • Dobbie

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Barnes

Votes: 8 4.1%

• Total voters

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Have people forgotten how CMS played against Ipswich scoring that decent goal ?

CMS to start, although if by 50 minutes he hasnt impressed, then bring Hoskins on - not like with 10 minutes to go.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
CMS. Much greater movement than Hoskins and a little greater strength. Bring Hoskins on if CMS hasn't scored within 65 minutes and we're all still at a blank and we need a finisher above everything else.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If it's me, we're in trouble. I'm awful at football management games. But trying to predict gus...

While Dobbie got a couple of goals, I don't think he has settled enough to add to the team yet, so think he will have to make do with hoping for a chance from the bench, or illness/injuries if he is looking for a start. I don't think he will be seriously considered to start v Derby otherwise.

I don't see Barnes as being picked as the "lone striker". It appears that one of Barnes' strengths (in Poyet's mind) is he provides good cover for full backs. When Bridge isn't playing, barnes comes in to protect his replacement. With Lopez deputising at right back Barnes has been playing on the right. So, we have to factor in who is playing back there. Is Buckley fit, would he offer the same protection?

So, I think both of them are ruled out as starting striker (though, I suspect barnes may start, just not as striker)

So it comes down to Hoskins v CMS for me. Gus has said that if any of the squad players want to displace CMS, they have to score. Hoskins did that. However, so did Dobbie, but then injury necessitated Barnes coming in which meant Dobbie had to settle for the bench, so it's not an absolute law (and it did come against 10 men in the dying moments).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd like to see Hammond get into the box more as he's tall and a good header of the ball.
I'm sure he scored a few headed goals for us first time around.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
CMS re striker ...thought Dicker did well against Newcastle reserves ..but if Buckley is fit I'm struggling to see how he can stay in ..maybe same starting lineup as Derby seem to b a form side ..can we beat a top ten side at home?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Personally I would play both Hoskins and CMS up front in the following team:

Big Pole

Lopez El Abd Greer Bridge

Buckley Bridcutt Hammond Orlandi

CMS Hoskins

This.

But if one, I think it's hard to leave out a striker who has one goal every two games. CMS for me, just.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If I'm Gus, I'll pick CMS.

If I'm ME, I'll pick this team:

Kuszczak
Lopez ~ Greer ~ El-Abd ~ Bridge
Bridcutt
Barnes ~ Dicker ~ Hammond ~ Orlandi
Hoskins

Buckley, Lualua, Crofts, Ankergren, Calderon, Dunk, Mackail-Smith on the bench.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
CMS , taken off if he fails to score before the hour is up and replace with Hoskins.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
I just voted Dobbie! I was suprised I am the only one so far to vote for him!

He can have my vote, I rate him, just hope he gets the chance soon to prove himself to us, he can't do that from the bench!

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Hoskins. He's scored his goal now. Confidence will be high. He got in great postions to score a shedload against Forest but the pressure on the team meant he couldn't convert. I love CMS and he does a great job for the team, but i dont think he is a great footballer.... His first touch lately is abysmal...again a confidence thing. When he was confident earlier in the season he scored goals. Hosko now deserves his chance to start. i think he has a better football brain....then The Dagger to come on at 60/70 mins to play him in and CMS to try and nick one if needed. That is all...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Hoskins. And I'd keep him there for at LEAST the next 6-8 games.

Yes he missed a hatful of chances gainst Forest, but he was at least getting into those dangerous positions to miss them. With more gametime his sharpness will return, and we will see more clinical runs and finishes of the type we saw against Newcastle in my opinion.

We spent half a mill on him, its time we gave him a PROPER chance to start showing a return on that.
This.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hoskins. He's scored his goal now. Confidence will be high. He got in great postions to score a shedload against Forest but the pressure on the team meant he couldn't convert.

I think he just lacked that bit of sharpness and timing against Forest, which is hardly surprising given his limited opportunities in the team. I honestly believe this chap just needs to get a run of games under his belt, safe in the knowledge that Gus isn't going to BIN him if he draws a few blanks. CMS has been afforded that luxury, Hoskins deserves the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here