Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your second team

What is the reason for supporing your second team?

• They are the best in the country

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Me/ my family are from there

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • They are in another country, so Brighton won't play them

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I like the way they avoid relegation every year

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • I don't have a second team

Votes: 35 44.9%

• Total voters

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Icy Gull said:
I have an interest in 6 or 7 clubs. the difference is I don't get bad tempered and refuse to buy sunday papers and watch football on tv if any of them lose. When Brighton lose, it fecks up my weekend completely :angry:

Totally the case here too. There are a few clubs I support, but only Albion makes me feel utter joy / dismal misery.

They are:
Chelsea (spent my life surrounded by mates who are blues)
MTK Hungaria (local team when I lived in Budapest)
Hearts (Regular Ed. festival goers have to 'pick a team' in the same way as Glaswegians have to!)
Lewes (always had soft spot for Rooks)
Hamburg (again, lived there)
Real Madrid (I find glory hunting acceptable if it is overseas :D )

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ex-Shelton - Did anything come of the proposed fund-raising friendly against Celtic? I know it was being mooted at one time. "Celtic & St Pauli - The Rebels' Choice!"

(I think we'd better both put Comedy Steve on 'ignore' have you SEEN who's on his list? Blown all his credibility that has).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
arsenal. starte3d supporting them when i was about 5. rebelled against the united gang basically because i loved ian wright and tony adams etc. no regrets at all!

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
Albion is the only team for me. Although I check the scores of other teams, I don't actually support them.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I support...
Charlton
Brighton
Woking
FC Groningen
FC St Pauli
Athletic Bilbao
Djugardens
...each with a tenth of the passion of the one above it in the list (ie by the time it gets to Djugardens my 'support' extends to checking the table at the end of the season to see where they finished)

hill 16 southwick

Jun 27, 2004
southwick
Funny enough Brighton's my second team ! I've lived here for 20 years now and become quite attached over the years.

Wycombe's my main team

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
I only keep an eye out for the results of these teams Crawley Town (I was born there) and AFC Wimbledon (My parents are from Wimbledon but are not into footy). I don't support them or have their tops. At the end of the day I only support one team Brighton. If Brighton played Crawley I would cheer on Brighton.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
As a schoolboy I picked a team from each division except first as 'second teams.'

They were York, Bury and Wrexham. Perhaps I am a jinx.

As I went to college in Wimbledon, I started going to Plough Lane regularly for midweek games while going to the Goldstone at weekends. So Wimbledon got added to the list. I am definitely a jinx. In fact, I'm probably Gareth Glover's inspiration.

county_past19.jpg

From left, back row: Ray Wilcox, Pat Terry, Len Weare, Howard Sheppeard, Harry Harris, Tom Docherty; front row: Colin Hudson, Ken Hollyman, Alf Sherwood (captain), George Thomas, Gordon Brown.

The first team I ever watched week in, week out. Rock Hudson later signed for the Albion.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Like everyone their are teams whose results i look out for, but there is no way i can claim to support them. Actually, the teams i look out for chop and change with time in much the same way as we have teams that we have temporary rivalries with(e.g leyton orient, chesterfield, cardiff, reading).

There is one team whose results have a very similar effect on me to those of the albion....

ENGLAND!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here