Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your preferred centre half pairing

What's your preferred centre half pairing?

• Dunk and Greer

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Dunk and Halford

Votes: 50 63.3%
  • Greer and Halford

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Dunk and Halford. It's a pity about Greer as he has been an excellent signing and been captain during one of our most successful spells but he's not had a great few months and I think Halford's looked great at centre back. Hope we sign Halford and keep Dunk in the summer and that could be a decent partnership with Greer as back up and maybe one more new signing (unless they think Rea might be ready to be fourth choice).

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Hope we sign Halford and keep Dunk in the summer and that could be a decent partnership with Greer as back up and maybe one more new signing (unless they think Rea might be ready to be fourth choice).
I'd go along with that. Keep Greer as back-up (think he only signed a new deal earlier this season?) but relieve him of the captaincy. Let Hughes go and offer Halford a two year deal. If Rea is ready to step up as fourth choice, great - if not, bring in another decent, young CB to give us sufficient numbers and a good blend of youth and experience in that position.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'd go along with that. Keep Greer as back-up (think he only signed a new deal earlier this season?) but relieve him of the captaincy. Let Hughes go and offer Halford a two year deal. If Rea is ready to step up as fourth choice, great - if not, bring in another decent, young CB to give us sufficient numbers and a good blend of youth and experience in that position.

Yes, Greer did sign a new deal when he was in great form earlier in the season. Think we could even keep him as club captain and then make someone like Kayal or Dunk vice captain so, in reality, they will be first team captain. Will be interesting to see if they think Rea is good enough to be a first team option as he seems to be highly rated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here