Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your prediction,the 2015 general election result.

Dandyman

In London village.
for context, thats winning an additional 87 seats to the last election.

Indeed. Run the opinion polls for the last few years through the calculations and add a percentage point for the Tories (whose supporters always seem bashful about their vote) and Labour still win easily.

Cameron is politically out of his depth and will get stabbed in the back very shortly after the next election.

Dandyman

In London village.
I disagree - I vote in local and general elections but refuse vote in the Police Commissioners elections because they are a farce. Voting should never be forced on people as it suggests everyone agrees with the process. Anyway, do you really want to make criminals of people just because they don't want to put an X on a bit of paper ?

This.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Con/Lib Dem 2 - 2 Labour

Scorers
Labour: Miliband 4, Balls 67
Con/Lib Dem: Miliband (og) 41, Clegg 90+3 (pen)

The government came from behind twice in a close run general election with Nick Clegg's injury time penalty saving the day after Ed Balls earlier tax promises had again put labour in the driving seat. Ed Milliband started well with a 4th minute victory but his clumsy handling of the Syrian crisis under pressure from PM David Cameron resulted in an own goal just before half time. A replay beckons with both sides struggling to find form...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think you're forgetting that the main attraction of voting UKIP is to get out of the EU - many people see that as an important step and will ignore other "issues" with the party.

I'm not forgetting it all, as I said, there are a few people who are hard-core voters and will lap this up. But, as survey after survey shows, the EU is not among the top five or six concerns of voters so the number of people who will vote UKIP purely to leave the EU is a small one (and there are large numbers of Tory voters who wish to leave the EU too).

And remember, there's not a mass demand to leave the EU either: opinion polls regularly suggest that a little over half the voters want to leave and a little under half want to stay in, so there's no massive anti-EU sentiment in the country

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
very difficult to predict
will probably be hung again
some they should be too

C

CT1

Lib Dems witll break off from coatlition around 6 months before general election in a bid to salvage some of the support they have lost since 2010. It certainly wont help them to stay in government, but they'll definitely remain ahead of UKIP. Unfortunately I believe David Cameron will still be in office, most probably in some sort of coalition.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I disagree - I vote in local and general elections but refuse vote in the Police Commissioners elections because they are a farce. Voting should never be forced on people as it suggests everyone agrees with the process. Anyway, do you really want to make criminals of people just because they don't want to put an X on a bit of paper ?

You disagree with democracy! I'm sure you don't but if during the police commissioners vote the clear majority was for 'none of the above' that would send a clear message from the electorate as to what a farce the elections were. As for making it criminal, is it any different than when we make someone a criminal for driving over the speed limit.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
If I had to predict now I reckon we'll have the same bunch of money grabbing liars who are so far detached from reality they may as well be from another planet, or we'll have a different bunch of money grabbing liars who are so far detached from reality they may as well be from another planet. Hard to say. Or care.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
They're all a bunch of lying tossers who break their promises.

No one should vote at all, just to see what happens!

Indeed. I know the argument about fighting wars for democracies but those that gave their lives probably wouldn't have bothered if they knew how the politicians would be carrying on all these years later.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You disagree with democracy! I'm sure you don't but if during the police commissioners vote the clear majority was for 'none of the above' that would send a clear message from the electorate as to what a farce the elections were. As for making it criminal, is it any different than when we make someone a criminal for driving over the speed limit.

Really not sure what you read but nowhere did I say I didn't agree with democracy. I disagree in forcing people to voice an opinion - that in itself is undemocratic. The way to get people to vote is to make politics meaningful to peoples every day lives and to break the party system to prevent the numbskulls that vote for x party because they always have and their dad did as well.

As for comparing speeding with not voting - I'm guessing you started early on the beer today !

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Seeing that this is an open thread without going into heavy politics how do local Brighton voter's veiw Caroline Lucas's chances next time should she stand ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here