Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your player of the mini-season-so-far

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tough to not make it all about the same two or three players this thread! However where we are as a team now is not where we want to be by the end of the season - we want to be ’better’ - for that, all our players have to continuously improve IMO - nobody is playing at 100% of their ability or consistently well - My player of the season so far therefore is the player that has shown the most individual improvement - so while Dunk and Gross of course are easy answer for the ‘best players’ we have in the squad, I have another group who imo, have shown continuous improvement this season, that qualifies them as the challengers for the POTMS for me:

1. Van Hecke has shown pockets of amazing potential so far, notably against Ajax away, he has settled in well and has improved enormously since the beginning of the season but has made some glaring errors so he doesn’t win 1st place but is on his way to being one of this season’s best newcomers imo.
2. Gilmour continues to astonish me - his improvement is exponential but he doesn’t make the poll position either - still too erratic and light weight at times for the task he has been given imo.
3. Buonanotte (you knew I would!) has been on a faster trajectory of continuous improvement than any other player for me this season and has been consistent in his improvement too - unfortunately still not aggressive enough going forward for me when he has the ability to do so, so he doesn’t win either but comes close.
4. Finally there’s Fati - who not only within months has shown us a steep improvement and settled in to the team like duck to water but is the most exiting player on the pitch for me at the moment- I watch that player and every subtle move screams to me of the former prodigy he was at Barca and that for me is incredible when I think where he will be in 6 months time if he continues to get his game back on as he has been doing under RDZ this season so far - I only wish he were ours but I’m not going to knock him out of poll position because he’s a loanee.

🙂
Dahoud against Sheff Utd shirley :moo:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Welbeck the best striker the club has ever had. 2nd placed a tie between Billy G and L Dunk

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Gross but special shout out to Adingra who has really contributed so early in this first season in this country.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No one should really be surprised that Dunk and Gross have been our best players, they have been for years. I guess my vote is for someone that has been a bit of a surprise, made his debut in the first game, settled instantly, played much more than expected because of injuries and is virtually an ever-present, and has been absolutely fantastic , often our brightest attacking spark, and that man is of course Simon Adingra. And I'm not biased because of his first name, no siree 😀

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If you want the truth about football players,always ask Garth or a 5 year old.

Who's your favourite player?
"I like JPVH Grandad""
Really why's that
He runs like a Giraffe 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here