Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your p!ssed in the Brian Clough Stand - Cloughie tribute

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
'You're not playing in the cup final' to Peter Ward. And for that I will never like the bloke.

Same here and the tosser deserted Brighton almost as soon as he arrived; thank god for Peter Taylor.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How did Brian Clough end up doing a single with J.J. Barrie? Must be one of the most bizarre double-acts...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Almost forty years ago, this happened....

cloughsigns.jpg

two other interesting articles on that front page, Olivia N-J representing Britain in Eurovision at Dome (won by ABBA), and the murder enquiry on poor little Maria Colwell (RIP)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
"no charge "

For Birmingham's goal-scorin' Trevor Francis - one million pounds
For Brighton's sharp-shootin' Peter Ward - £400,000
For Coventry's ginger-permin' Ian Wallace - £1.25 million
And for 'Goal of the Season' winnin' Justin Fashanu - one million pounds
Total owed - £3.65 million

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
two other interesting articles on that front page, Olivia N-J representing Britain in Eurovision at Dome (won by ABBA), and the murder enquiry on poor little Maria Colwell (RIP)

That's very sad about Maria Colwell - thanks for the heads up on this. Just started to read up about her now. (Preventing child abuse strongly relates to aspects of my work).

She would have celebrated her 48th birthday tomorrow.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That's very sad about Maria Colwell - thanks for the heads up on this. Just started to read up about her now. (Preventing child abuse strongly relates to aspects of my work).

She would have celebrated her 48th birthday tomorrow.

it's one of those cases that you never forget. William Kepple = evil (google him if you want to find out more). 48, she'll always be a 7/8 year old in most people's eyes.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
He used to be a bonkers but brilliant panellist on ITV who didn't suffer fools gladly.

There was one memorable show after England had performed poorly (I think it was Spain 82). Mick Channon said something along the lines of, "The French do it, the Italians do it" meaning playing passing football.

Off camera, a voice was heard saying, "Even educated fleas do it."

A flawed genius who handled some players superbly and others terribly (e.g. Ward, Fashanu, Megson). What cannot be argued is that he achieved a miracle in leading Forest to successive European Cups.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here