Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Your New Years Eve Experience!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As I mentioned earlier was asleep at 3pm right through after 28 night shifts in Dec. So no drink or even food. Started feeling nauseated about 3 am. Started vomiting a out 03.03hrs. Almost shat myself about 5am am now lying in bed with tea hoping she gets up soon to start taking care of me . My first days off in ages and I feel a mess. I’m feeling sorry for myself.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Got bruised ribs from cold linked coughing so stayed in with Mrs SU and stupidly watched Miss Sophie and James in "Dinner For One" + champagne for the bewitching hour. I say stupidly because it hurts when I laugh and I wanted to laugh a lot!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A nice meal of duck and tartafelette followed by a game of Cards Against Humanity. Nothing quite says Happy New Year like discussing cum gobbling Pacman with your 17 year old step daughter !
There are entire web sites devoted to that sort of thing (so I'm told):censored:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Went to bed about 9:30, got woken up at midnight by fireworks and children screaming Happy New Year at the top of their voices, cursed them and went back to sleep.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Curry, beer, gin, quiz, CardsAgainst Humanity, gin, champagne and the Bells, then out to a house party, Raspberry Vodka on the rocks, pass the mike singing to Rick Astley, Queen, Mr. Brightside then stagger home.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well, I hope 2018 was good to you all and here’s to a fantastic 1950.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I was all set for Graham Norton then Jools Holland, with the Mrs next to me and the dog snoring and farting - then Mrs Nose comes home from a night shift and says "both kids are out tonight, the dog is going to Mum & Dads, and I'm not sitting in our lounge watching telly with the dog snoring and farting... I've booked us a room at Drakes in Brighton and we leave at 3pm."

So, bag packed - and off we went. Did a bit of shopping, went for a bite to eat, back to the room to get changed, back into Brighton to the bars, then back to the room at about half eleven. I brought in the new year drinking champers in a free-standing bath (full of hot water obviously, we know how to live..) with fireworks on the telly in front of the tub, and shed loads going off behind us on Brighton beach!

An unexpectedly lovely start to 2019. Let's hope it continues that way!

Happy New Year to all here on NSC, and I wish you and your families good health (because that's all that really matters..) in 2019.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Watching TV with many cups of tea waiting for an early hours call from my daughter to pick her up from a party in Camden Town. Nice to wake up on 1 Jan with a clear head for the first time in living memory.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Had our annual tradition. Arrived at our best buds about midday. Grazed on food and a variety of different bevies for the next 16 hours. Games and a Hootenanny break. Hit the stereo and play music until 4 (Harry Wilson’s Tackle will be pleased to know Noire got a good airing) and then reluctantly hit the hay.

Just had the fry up. Now for a stroll out in some Suffolk fields which may or may not involve a hostelry. Then back to start it all up again. Lovely.

Not looking forward to my night shift tomorrow, mind.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
You are about 30 years too late, the Thieves used to be rammed NYE, pre the assault on the Clock Tower and the annual rumble with the Rozzers.!

Not sure if this was an annual event but in the early 70s (1972?) there was something of a siege at Worthing Nick on New Year's Eve after some trouble outside the Thieves Kitchen. I know as I was there, shame on me.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A&E with my dad, a queue of ambulance stretchers out the door waiting to be processed and the place was rammed at 6pm........mental.

Me too.Unfortunate incident involving a double fracture of the left wrist.Fortunately,I am right-handed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here