Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your New Team

snake199

Brighton By The Sea
Oct 9, 2009
Portslade
If you were Poyet, what sort of team would you want?

In goal, a 28-30 year old experinced keeper, whos willing and does the job well.

Left Back and Right Back, 2 young and fit players who can avoid passing it to the opistion and can clear the ball far and confidenly when needed.

2 center backs, experinced, can run, and also can clear the ball and pass to our team not theres.

Our Wingers, I would want a experinced one who can run and cross the ball in very well and a young pacy one who can also cross the ball and take a corner.

2 attacking midfielders, both fast, don't care about age, who can pass cross and shoot easily and be a threat to defenders.

2 strikers, maybe keep Murray as we know what he can do and get another striker who can do the same if not better.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Personally, I would have two teams. The first to keep us up this season would be:

Kuipers
Whing/El Abd
Tunnicliffe
New centre back
McNulty
Bennett
Crofts
Dicker
New left winger
Forster
Murray

Subs: Brezovan, Whing/El Abd, Elphick, Navarro, Cox, Dickinson, Hart

My team for next season, to hopefully get promoted, would be:

New goalkeeper
New right back
Tunnicliffe
New centre back
McNulty
Bennett
Dicker/Crofts
New central midfielder
New left winger
Murray
New centre forward

Subs: Kuipers/Brezovan, Elphick, Whing/El Abd, Crofts/Dicker, new winger, new centre forward, Dickinson/Forster

I think we need to address two positions particularly in January, a new centre half and left winger. The centre half needs the experience to sort out the current defence we have and the left winger needs to be a naturally left footed player. They need to be first choice and very good quality league one players (quality over quantity). This should hopefully keep us up.

In the summer, if we are looking to go up from there, we need a new keeper as I don't think Kuipers, Brezovan or Smith are good enough to be first choice in a promotion team. One of Kuipers or Brezovan will be back up. In defence, I would keep Tunnicliffe and McNulty as first choice and, assuming the new central defender is the required ability, the only new defender will be a first choice right back. Whing, El Abd, Elphick and Wright will be fine as back up.

In midfield, Crofts and Dicker are both good players but to push on we may need another first choice midfielder to play alongside one of them. The other along with either Navarro or Jamie Smith can be back up. On the wings, Bennett and the new left winger would be first choice. I would consider signing another new winger (maybe on loan) and also try to keep Cox to add depth.

Up front, I am not sure whether Forster has another season in him. If he does and Murray stays, I would only sign one new forward to play alongside Murray as first choice with Dickinson and Forster as back up. If he doesn't have another season, I would probably look to buy two forwards.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
To stay up:

Kuipers
Hoyte
Elphick
El-Abd
McNulty
Bennett
Dicker
Crofts
Cox
Forster
Murray

Don't NEED any signings to stay up, but obviously would help.

For promotion next year I'd say:

Goalkeeper (To fight for the shirt with Kuipers)
Centre Back (Experienced),
Left Winger (Natural left footed, offer some width)
Pacy Striker (Feed off Glenn)
Centre Mid (Creative, offering in the goals department, too)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What we need is two big stopper centre-halves, a goalie with hands as big as those of Pat Jennings, and a couple of decent half-backs to link up play between our defence and our inside forwards.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We need an experienced central defender and a left-winger who is actually left-footed... that should be enough to keep us up...

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
http://www.gasroom.co.uk/ Theyy think Michael Duberry has no future at the club , experienced centre back and has Premier League and Championship experience , i think he would be good for our back four .

Do you really think a player who can't get into Wycombe's team is the sort of player we should be after? Yes he's an experienced centre back but he's probably slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I have asked this before but what counts as an 'experienced centre back'?

Personally don't think some new at the back will add that much, most of the problems come because we have a central midfielder playing on the left wing and therefore tucking in allowing the oppos right side to gang up on McNulty (or El-Abd) and have the freedom of the park to put a ball in or play it around. Our central midfield is lacking pace and give players too much time on the ball, get a hard bloke in to break up the play, a lower league Mascherano would do the job, and the defence will improve as they will be under less pressure.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I know a Wycombe fan and he says Duberry has been shockingly bad, so I don't think we want him here.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
I would like us to bring in Lee Tomlin from Rushden and Adam Le Fondre from Rotherham, tomlin would sort the left issue out and Le Fondre will score goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here