Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your most hated 11

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stolen from the Port Vale forum, who are your most hated players from down the years?

For me;

Steve Harper
Lee Dixon
Ashley Cole
Jean-Alain Boumsong
Titus Bramble
Jermaine Pennant
Gennaro Gattuso
Andy Hessenthaler
El-Hadji Diouf
Steve Claridge
Nicklas Bendtner

What a collection of dreadful tossers.
(McGleish misses out because I remembered Diouf. :angry: )

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Port Vale forum? Eh?

I'm having to use a 4-2-4 formation

1. Gary Bailey
2. Gary Neville
3. Ashley Cole
4. John Terry
5. Henry Hughton
6. Roy Keane
7. Lee Bowyer
8. Lee Hughes
9. Neil Grayson
10. Scott McGleish
11. El Hadji Diouf

Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the italian world cup winners from 5 or 6 years ago..........and i love zidane for flattening that potty mouthed dago the previous final as well.......don't like italians me.....oh no.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think you have to start with McGleish and Marlon King up front and then work back from there.

Diouf on the wing, Joey Barton in the middle and let's not forget Dennis Wise. Roy Keane completes the midfield.

At the back, you have to have John Terry, Ashley Cole, and Gary Neville, without a seconds thinking time. I guess I have never got over Henry Hughtons tackle, although if I give it some thought, there is probably a defender i hate more.

Goalie, that's a bit tricky actually, I'm not sure there is .... oh hang on, Schumacher! Wanker!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
All I need is a centre half in place of Hughton, and that's a really nasty line-up, with players all in their proper positions.

Schumacher
Gary Neville, John Terry, ?, Ashley Cole
Wise, Barton, Keane, Diouf,
King, McGleish

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stolen from the Port Vale forum, who are your most hated players from down the years?

For me;

Steve Harper
Lee Dixon
Ashley Cole
Jean-Alain Boumsong
Titus Bramble
Jermaine Pennant
Gennaro Gattuso
Andy Hessenthaler
El-Hadji Diouf
Steve Claridge
Nicklas Bendtner

What a collection of dreadful tossers.
(McGleish misses out because I remembered Diouf. :angry: )

Why would ANYONE hate Titus Bramble? Comedy player, yes, but a hate-figure?

Can't see much reason to despise Lee Dixon either, other than because that came from a Port Vale forum and he's an ex Stoke player, I have no idea why Steve Harper would be disliked, for Boumsong read Bramble, and Gattuso was hilarious last week, not despicable.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why would ANYONE hate Titus Bramble? Comedy player, yes, but a hate-figure?

Can't see much reason to despise Lee Dixon either, other than because that came from a Port Vale forum and he's an ex Stoke player, I have no idea why Steve Harper would be disliked, for Boumsong read Bramble, and Gattuso was hilarious last week, not despicable.

The idea came from the Vale forum, the players were my choice.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If we're talking purely Albion related figures, there aren't that many really, are there? It would obviously include McGleish, possibly Carl Griffiths for the same reason, Henry Hughton, perhaps Duncan Shearer for what he did to Nicky Bissett, Ian Wright, er, um...Nicky Law (Chesterfield manager in 2001), oh and Alan Pardew for his "we were the best team" bullshit in 2002.

There must be some fans with longer memories than me who can tell me who we really hated in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The idea came from the Vale forum, the players were my choice.

OK, well some of them need no explanation obviously, but enlighten us as to what you've got against Bramble, Boumsong, Dixon or Steve Harper???

"Hate" just seems a bit strong in their cases.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
OK, well some of them need no explanation obviously, but enlighten us as to what you've got against Bramble, Boumsong, Dixon or Steve Harper???

"Hate" just seems a bit strong in their cases.

No, I've picked my 11, I have my reasons. Hate is a stronger word than the context I mean it. I'm sure they're lovely fellas and all that jazz.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
John Burridge
Gary Neville
Cashley Cole
Gordon McQueen
Willie Young
Norman Whiteside
Mickey Thomas
Vince Hilaire
Roy Keane
Kevin Keegan
Mark Hughes

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Jens Lehmann

Gary Neville
John Terry
William Gallas
Ashley Cole

Joey Barton
Lee Bowyer
Neil Lennon

Scott Mcgleish
Marlon King
Christiano Ronaldo

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
There must be some fans with longer memories than me who can tell me who we really hated in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Not so much about hate really. Jim Cannon of Crystal Palace sticks in the memory as a player who always did well against the Albion. I guess it could be termed as respect nowadays.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If we're talking purely Albion related figures, there aren't that many really, are there? It would obviously include McGleish, possibly Carl Griffiths for the same reason, Henry Hughton, perhaps Duncan Shearer for what he did to Nicky Bissett, Ian Wright, er, um...Nicky Law (Chesterfield manager in 2001), oh and Alan Pardew for his "we were the best team" bullshit in 2002.

Ron "Chopper" Harris in the 60's and 70's and most if not all of the Leeds team and then of course Maradona in the 80's. Cannot believe I didn't put him in my selection to be honest.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Oliver Khan

Gary Neville John Terry Phil Neville Dan Harding

Diouff Warren Barton Lee Bowyer C. Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney Chris Armstrong

SUBS
Geoff Thomas
That Palace GK with the jog pants
Dennis Wise
Ian Wright
Gavin Geddes (a kid from my school who dared to even briefly play for the Albion)

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Roy Keane x 10 with one John Terry in defence

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Schumacher or Burridge

Fenwick Terry Adams Cole

Rivaldo (for the comedy collapse against Turkey int he world cup) Wise, Bowyer, Hilaire

Mcgleash Lee Hughes

Claridge!? ! WHY???? You obviously werent at the West Ham game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here