Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ridiculous...

20221111_142834.jpg

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Just mown the lawn, in mid-November, and I live nearly as far north as Yorkshire.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I let mine grow wild most of the year with a small area for a table and chairs etc and a patio for barbecues and outdoor masturbation.

I much prefer to see butterflies and birds out there than clean edges, water thirsty lawns and cheap Homebase garden furniture. Leave it to nature, it always makes a better job of things than humans.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Still lots of leafs and stuff around here... even saw a bee the other day. In Sweden... in November.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We have an assortment of flowers in bloom . . . . lawn was cut yesterday . . . global warming innit.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Still picking a couple of raspberries a day

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've had to mow the lawn until the end of November for years now. Sussex simply doesn't have cold Novembers.

The mean November daily max on the Sussex coast is 12c, grass grows with a soil temperature of 6c or more.

The temperature outside just now is 13.4c here.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yep mowed my lawn today also saw a bee.

The grass is still growing.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I let mine grow wild most of the year with a small area for a table and chairs etc and a patio for barbecues and outdoor masturbation.

I much prefer to see butterflies and birds out there than clean edges, water thirsty lawns and cheap Homebase garden furniture. Leave it to nature, it always makes a better job of things than humans.
We have some of that too...

20220723_132131.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Same here, the guy did the last cut on Thursday but the grass still appears to be growing so it'll either be very long by March or he'll be back out again

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

On behalf of others on here, let’s hope that your patio activities are not simultaneous.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Still plenty of colour but not much maintenance to do now. Garlic planted mid Oct is growing like crazy, some autumn onion sets going in today, then starting a project fencing off a bit of field to create a big new pond and a meadow (or just wild) area with some new hedging - Been taking saplings from anyone who would share, have about 100 Hazel, Oak, Alder, Hawthorn and Willow to go in. Have hundreds of Beech, Hazel and Oak seed being prepared in various ways to see if I can grow them! I'm getting a thing for trees :)

That's it, enjoy it! Let some of it go wild as well, see what grows!
When you say 'fencing off a bit of field', if you are extending the curtilage of your residential garden into an agricultural field, then you need planning permission. Just saying.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I finally decided the courgette plants weren't going to produce anything more that was edible, although they were still trying.

Now resting in peace with the compost.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
In the back garden a fair amount of leaves on the trees and grass still growing as if it were much earlier in the year.
My wife has a nice bush in the front that she keeps well trimmed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here