Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your First Post

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Simply: What was your first post to this forum? And reflecting on it, how much of a bastard were/are you? If you really want, what would you now do as your first post, if you were to start again?

I wrote it in English, so everyone thought I was trying to be clever and thought myself something special - which I am.

If I started again, I certainly wouldn't begin a thread like this one. I would ask people what they were wearing, and if they liked bras that hitched on the front or on the back.
Concise, meaningful stuff, y'know?
(I wear the ones that hitch on the front, before you ask)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Can't remember. Think it was around 2002/3 and I posted as Guy Butter's Corset. Not sure it was anything remotely interesting or significant though.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
It was suggesting the signing of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Dixon

who was released by Spurs and was considered at 16 one of the potential greatest ever Irish players, getting an International call-up.

Luckily we didn't sign him as since he has only scored 3 goals, all at lower league level.

Bizarrely, through reading his wiki page I have just discovered that I knew him as a kid.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Can't remember. Think it was around 2002/3 and I posted as Guy Butter's Corset. Not sure it was anything remotely interesting or significant though.
I had considered that the majority of people would just have put some innocuous word or two in a random thread to get it over and done with, but then again, there may be a far few who but something completely against the character we now percieve them to have. For example WW or TCB writing how content with the world they are and that even though we lost we played well... You get what I mean... OR even better some may have put an embarrassing 'About Me' sort of thing that they now think is hilarious. Everyone can view their first post through their profile can't they?

I wrote it in English, so everyone thought I was trying to be clever and thought myself something special - which I am.

If I started again, I certainly wouldn't begin a thread like this one. I would ask people what they were wearing, and if they liked bras that hitched on the front or on the back.
Concise, meaningful stuff, y'know?
(I wear the ones that hitch on the front, before you ask)
I can't understand a word you are saying. You are too lexically advanced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here