Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your First Game At Falmer

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
It may have been discussed before on here but I'm just wondering what your first game at Falmer would be?? As there will be ramp up events and the such will you visit before to experience it in a perhaps a less emotional way as the event will be largely irrelevant or will you wait for the first league game, as it might have more meaning?

I reckon i'll be waiting for the first league game as i feel going for a ramp up event will take away so of the some of the granduer for me

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ther were after Man U.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I remember I think it was The Complete Badger who posted something similar a while ago and it got me thinking about that. I hadn't really thought about it until then but think I agree. I may well miss the ramp ups and/or offical opening just so my first visit is for a competitive match. Come the time though I may well change my mind. Depends how I feel at the time.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
When we moved to Withdean I went to the Notts Forest friendly and the first league game against Mansfield. I'm glad that I went to both. Granted Falmer will be a tadge different to Withdean, but I think that there's more to be gained from going to at least one of the ramp-up events.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I may go to a ramp up, depending on what it is.
That way I may get some photos inside that aren't possible from the first "main event".

But Aug 6th will be THE real eye opener, 22,500 (hopefully) people making a hell of a racket to annoy the Flamer residents.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I'm of the opinion that we've waited long enough so if I can get i will be at the first possible game.:falmer::thumbsup:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Would love to go to ramp up event (s) but the first REAL game at Falmer will be the season opener and THAT is the one for me.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Probably the first league game. However I may well change my mind if its a prestigious friendly. Don;t think I will be attending any non footballing ramp up events.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If we don't sell out the ramp up events then we could have a reduced capacity at the first league game so it'd probably make you rather selfish.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
If we don't sell out the ramp up events then we could have a reduced capacity at the first league game so it'd probably make you rather selfish.

But it might not???

Just a thought

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
But it would, of course it would. If the ramp up events have capacities of say 7,000 then 15,000, but only 7,000 turn up to both, how is that going to prove that the stadium is safe for 15,000 people?!

I give you Wembley Stadium,

England U21 3 Italy U21 3
24 March 2007

Attendance: 55,700

Not sure then how this ramp up event got the all clear for a 90,000 capacity then?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I give you Wembley Stadium,

England U21 3 Italy U21 3
24 March 2007

Attendance: 55,700

Not sure then how this ramp up event got the all clear for a 90,000 capacity then?

Well presumably the capacity for that game was 60,000 so that's about right.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Well presumably the capacity for that game was 60,000 so that's about right.

To get the 90,000 capacity they needed to prove they could cope with 60,000 people, they didnt, but what they proved with this event and a volunteer football tournament that they could get everyone through the turnstiles okay, conduct and emergency evacuation.

Still alls well that ends well.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am glad I went to the Forest game at Withdean, but I'll be damned if I am going to Falmer when it is half empty for a meaningless friendly. The 3-3 at Wembley was rubbish.

I have waited long enough, so a week or two will not make any difference.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It'll probably be 4 or 5 games in for me. I won't have a season ticket and I can't see me getting a ticket for the first few.......although it won't stop me trying:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here