Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first ever Record / Download.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I can see this thread only working for us old'uns, but if your download hasn't got a cover or an associated album please feel free to post a link to a YouTube clip instead.

I'll start the ball rolling with this effort I purchased in 1978 as a result of some heavy TV advertising.......

haha, thanks for the memory! My mum and dad had a Darts cassette that we used to listen to all the time in the car driving across Spain.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I'll cover myself in embarrasment but the first record I actually owned would have been this - although I was only 5, I didn't actually choose it.

It's on e-bay at the moment from Across The Tracks in Gloucester Rd. - looks like my parents must have cleared out the loft then.........

Attachments

• JM3.jpg
    JM3.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 41

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

I believe this was actually 79 not 80 !!!
I still have the original record I bought too.

My first download was Nick Kershaw I won't let the sun go down on me !

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
It always amazes me that every famous person's first album was a seminal and cool long player. Surely someone must have started off with something naff? On this theme it seems most people are being honest on this thread :lolol:

It was probably Now that what I call music would have been late 80's

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
My first 7" was; Boomtown Rats - I don't like mondays, 1979 bought from Lancing Woolworths
My first Album was bought for me and was the Original Star Wars soundtrack (London philharmonic) 1977 iirc.

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Didn't go in for singles - not cool to buy 45's!

My first album was actually three (14th Birthday Present):

Status Quo: Quo
Yes: Tales From Topographic Oceans
Supertramp: Crime of the Century

:blush:

All on vinyl and long gone.........

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
First 7 inch single I bought was 2, 4, 6, 8 Motorway by Tom Robinson Band. Think it was from Boots.

The Beatles single, "Please, Please Me" I think, plus a Harry Secombe single, "If I Ruled The World". Purchased by my parents to accompany the family's first record player,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here