Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Your first alcoholic drink as a yoof.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
I'm old and I'm struggling although the name is familiar. Was that downstairs in west street, just up from Sherrie's or was it what became Henekeys ?

The Tudor Bar was in the basement of the Salisbury Hotel. I believe in Oriental Place at the junction of the seafront. It. Was our watering place of choice when going to the Starlight Rooms.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My Dad sat me at his feet when he took me to The George in Portslade Old Village, and handed me down half a Guinness - I was 4!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Fosters during the festive period. I didn't particularly enjoy how bitter it was but chuffed to get served as a young 17-year-old. It was so busy they never asked for ID in those days. It was in the Burrell Arms - not such a dump back then. :)

I automatically assumed this thread was the first drink you bought so my first ever alcoholic drink was New Year's Eve 1991 with my parents - a small glass of champagne. I also went through a phase of taking my dad's cans of Carling Black Label (what has happened to that?) and Labbatt's (who used to sponsor Nottingham Forest) to school one summer and sharing them with my first ever girlfriend. No alcopops back then. The school fields were huge so we never got caught. I also had one or two cans from Albion fans when we played up in London. What a lovely gesture, certainly got me hooked on the club. Seems so long ago now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here