Your Finest Sporting Moment

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Had lots of team success in football but no outrageous personal achievements, had an albatross when I was sixteen with a pured 4 iron from 230 yards and the next two weekends I bowled two hatricks, all bowled!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Running is the only sport I'm good at. I'm trying to complete all the Major marathons and you can only enter Boston if you have a qualifying "good for age" time. I qualified and ran the 2011 race.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cricket: Whilst at uni I was on my way back from Pompey to Worthing for a Saturday game. I'd gone out on the Friday and was HANGING, massively overslept, missed my train, got the next one but then fell asleep again and woke up in Brighton. Bunked the train back to Worthing and got a taxi to the ground, and the game was already twelve or so overs in, we were fielding and the oppo were about 60 without loss, and I was supposed to have opened the bowling. I went into the pavilion, changed, vommed a lot, ran outside into the sunshine, got brought on first change and my spell was 4 overs, 5 for 12, then told the captain I'd had enough. I somehow made it through the rest of the innings without being sick again, and insisted on being no11 for our innings as I was about to die. We crumbled (only chasing 180-odd) to 120ish for 9 and I went out and smashed 41* to see us home. Walked off, took my helmet off, vommed again.

Having missed the first 12 overs of the innings, you were obviously not allowed within the laws of the game, to bowl until the 25th over. Unless the opener bowled 12 straight, then you being brought on as first change, contravened the laws, and thus your achievement will have to be expunged from our thread. Sorry.

:jester:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
As a bowler who could bat a bit,scoring back to back centuries, 103 & 109 against Three Bridges and East Grinstead respectively.Although my favourite cricketing moment was against Billingshurst when I got to bowl against this jumped up young spoilt brat Gobshite who a couple of weeks previously referred to me as a knuckle dragging neanderthal whilst doing some work in his parents house.His face was a picture of sheer terror when he came in to bat and I reminded him who I was,I hit him with the ball three times in one over before clean bowling him for a big fat 0.Sweet revenge.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ran a marathon in 4hrs 20 minutes.

Took out 501 in 13 darts.

A break of 47 in snooker.

Took plenty of wickets as a bowler at school but no more than 4 in a match.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A break of 47 in snooker.

My highest break too! Also once took a frame off a guy who's highest break was in three figures and made a deliberate pot with a swerve shot in The Smugglers in front of about 20 people from my office. Still doesn't beat the cricket achievement though because I am a VERY average cricketer!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mine in adult life, away from the bicycle, is really really poor.

We played friendly 5-a-side every other Saturday for years.
In the second half of one game, that's ONE HALF of ONE GAME, over years of football, I was unable to miss.
Diagonal ball to me running down the left wing I then slotted 10+ goals in.
Left foot right foot, near post far post, bottom and top corners, perfection, I should have retired there and then.

Semi finals in an under 16's badminton tournament.
100 mile bike ride in 6 hours.
Numerous top 3 finishes in cycle sportives (but they are not races)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If darts is considered a sport I won a good few trophys if it isn't then nothing at all.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
OUAFC - won the 1st Division with a record of P13, W11, D2, L0. Invited to Blues trials, but sadly wasn't picked.
Brighton College 1st XI Football Captain and won the Cross-Country back in '88-'89.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports