Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your favourite Super Group?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
supergroup being it’s members have all previously had success and are regarded as being superlative in their abilities and not a group of musicians who get together for a one off show be that as a tribute to an artist who has died or for the benefit of charity. Finally I think the musicians need to not rest on past greatness but to move the standards of music into new areas as such while I loved the Wilburys music it wasn’t transformative as was Led Zeppelin and to a slightly less a case Cream

With that in mind my super groups in order are

1. Led Zeppelin
2. Cream
3. The Travelling Wilburys
4. CSN
5. The Band
Claiming Led Zeppelin were a super group is like claiming Deep Purple were a super group because Jon Lord had played with the Flower Pot Men.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Genesis

Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford (Mike and the Mechanics), Steve Hackett and Tony Banks.
Weren’t they always Genesis? School band minus Phil Collins at Charterhouse school so how are they a Super Group?

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I give you Chickenfoot. They released released two studio albums, one live album, and one box set. Now defunct as Chad Smith too busy with RHCP and Satriani with his solo career

Joe Satriani
Michael Anthony
Chad Smith
Sammy Hagar
I saw them play the Shepherd’s Bush Empire the night Michael Jackson died. I meet Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden quietly standing next to the mixing desk. Chad Smith hit the drums so hard. Great night

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I saw them play the Shepherd’s Bush Empire the night Michael Jackson died. I meet Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden quietly standing next to the mixing desk. Chad Smith hit the drums so hard. Great night
A bit off topic. At the Villa home game this season I spotted Adrian Smith's guitar tech Sean Brady by Dick's bar. Lovely chap, had a quick chat and he gave me one of Adrian's custom Ernie Ball ' Legacy of the Beast ' picks. :)

20230123_183025~3.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Cream. Three of the greatest at what they did, and Disraeli Gears sounds as good now as it did in 1967. Agree though that the Traveling Wilburys were great.
That’s about my position. I still play Wheels of Fire regularly, both live and studio albums. And I think Cream are the only group really who could claim that all three basically were at the top of their trade - particularly Bruce and Baker.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
BNQT (members of Grandaddy, Band Of Horses, Franz Ferdinand, Travis and Midlake)

Eyelids (Members of Guided By Voices, The Decemeberists, Camper Van Beethoven and REM)

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Audioslave and Them Crooked Vultures for me

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The Greedy Bastards

Phil Lynott, Scott Gorham, Gary Moore, Chris Spedding, Steve Jones,Paul Cook, Rat Scabies and bob Geldof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here