Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite stones song?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Ditto - Lisa Fischer almost stole the show.

No votes for Stray Cat Blues from Beggars' Banquet? Shame.

I have seen Lisa Fischer live 4 times because she was also a backing singer for Luther Vandross for many years she is an amazing artist and should be success in her own right.
Agree with the previous selections but not one mention of Brown Sugar.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So hard to pick just one, depends on my mood.

Today, Tumbling Dice

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I loved the Stones in the 1960's - had their first album as a Christmas present in 1963 or 4.
Favourite early singles - It's All Over Now" and "Little Red Rooster"
"Sympathy for the Devil" , "Gimme Shelter" and "Street Fighting man" personal favourites.
And a special mention for a track "Memo from Turner", with some devastating slide guitar work by Ry Cooder (I think).
I agree with the comment somewhere above about Ronnie Wood mediocrity, much though I like Ronnie Wood. I think the Hyde Concert the other night showed that all their best stuff was from their first 10 years, if not less.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think the Hyde Concert the other night showed that all their best stuff was from their first 10 years, if not less.

But what a ten years that was. They may well have spent the last 40 years as their own tribute act, but that period up to Exile on Main Street earned them that right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think they peaked with Exile on Main Street, although I quite liked Some Girls. I have to say that I was very impressed by what I saw from the Hyde Park concert, I'm not a big fan of old bands revisiting their youth but they were exceptional IMO, especially the energy of Jagger and the guitar playing of Keef.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
But what a ten years that was. They may well have spent the last 40 years as their own tribute act, but that period up to Exile on Main Street earned them that right.

I wasn't complaining - I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here